ALARMM!!! JABOS WIEDER KOMMEN!!!!

JRutman

• 1 year later...

I saw your "prepping figures" and started thinking about this very dio wondering did Jerry ever finish it?and finish it he did!!I love the horses the depth of field behind the column it takes you there and isn't that what all great artist do?move you to another location. :punk:

Edited by javlin

First I have seen of this....

I am not always the biggest diorama fan, but this is awesome both in concept and execution.

I always wonder how those on the receiving end of fighter-bomber attack must have felt.  Unless they had rock solid cover nearby, they were pretty much as good as dead....unless they ran from their machines/supplies and the pilots decided to spare them.  Being a period of total war, I don't imagine they were spared very often.

Sort of like, I imagine, being in something like a PB-Y far out at sea that was discovered by fighters.  Not much chance of survival, nor even a good way to "go down fighting".

Edited by Bryan

Just amazing Jerry... the attention to detail... the more one looks, the more there is to see. I love the helmet coming off the head of the guy jumping.. but overall what hits me is the carnage.. the helplessness and fear of being caught in a tight area with no place to go and those fighters coming in.. the one behind banking in gives the scene greater gravity... one feels the fear and chaos of the moment in a very real way....

Amazing art  :punk:

Vaughn

Once again,thanks guys for the very kind and generous remarks.  This is,without a doubt,the biggest and most complicated thing I ever attempted. I thought it sort of had to be to depict,as was typed above,the feeling of being trapped on all sides and then wide open to fire from above.  No escape !!

Maybe this one is the reason I was challenged by myself to build an even bigger one this time with way more figs !!  Actually,this dio here was started when I wanted to build a full horse team with a WWII arty piece. It is such an anachronism to me to see this in WWII because we always think of trucks and tanks and aircraft when considering that war. The fact is,the German Army used hundreds of thousands of horses right up till the end !

J