IAF AH-1 Tzefa F

dodgem37

Thank you, Brother.  It'll be a spell before I do more.  Lots of leaves to remove this weekend.  I've also got a side project that I promised a fellow LSPer.

Thank you all for looking in and commenting.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 1 month later...

Maru!  Thank you for stopping by.  I put this aside to mold and cast cockpit parts for a Spitfire, which has taken a long time to complete, and I went to Chile for a week.  I should be back to the Tzefa in a week or two, when I finish the molding/casting.

Once I complete the casting I'll be putting aside the Spitfire for another day.  With 3 models in the paint booth, the Tzefa build, and a Honey Do list, adding one more of anything is one too many projects for my simple mind to follow.

Sincerely,

Mark

Maru, Peter,

I thought I would do a Burma Spitfire for the Edgar Brooks Group Build using Pacific Coast Models Mk XIVc and upgrade the cockpit by molding and casting Tamiya's Mk VIII cockpit.   I'm almost finished.  But I am running out of gas on the molding/casting.  Just the flooring and side panels are left.  Most of the other parts are done.

Santiago was enjoyable, although the street signs are really small, and, we didn't know if we were coming or going.  It was not unusual that we got lost for at least an hour each day we took a drive.  And we drove daily.

Not having a foreign language gene, I depended upon my wife and daughters to translate and my wife to navigate while I drove.  Local car rental and tourist maps were missing street names.  Pretty hard to navigate a pick-up truck when the type size is pedestrian and the maps are missing street names.

Budget did not have any sedans available so we got a pick-up truck.  I'm the only one in the family who can drive a standard transmission.  People come in from out of town, rent 4 wheel drive hi/low standard transmission pick-up trucks, and drive the Andes, which background the city.

Weather was a 85 Fahrenheit with very little humidity.  Sun went down between 9 and 9:30pm, compared to 4:30 here on the East Coast of the US.  It was a sudden burst of summer.

We went to Valparaiso, on the coast, and the Valle de Casablanca wine country, just west of Santiago.

My wife had a workmate of over 20 years make the +45 US Pan American Maccabee mens soccer team (2-1-2, Bronze Medal).  Beings that we're tribe members and Larry and my wife are such good chums my wife asked Leslie, Larry's wife, if it would be considered stalking if we showed up.  Leslie said no she would consider it not, so off to Santiago we went.  Other than family members, we were the only friends of team members to show up.

We went to the opening ceremonies and 3 soccer games.  We saw the US beat Great Britain, and tie Brazil & Chile.  We missed the loss to Argentina, and them wupping up on Great Britain again to win the Bronze in a tie-breaking penalty kick shoot out.  Our bud Larry made the game-deciding penalty kick.

We rode the subway to get around the city, did some shopping, plenty of eating, lots of walking.  A memorable time.  Then it was off to home on Jan 1 and 0 Centigrade.  A real eye opener when you fly in shorts, sandals, and a polo shirt.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

After shoveling out from blizzards comes rain with melting snow.  It's unfortunate that the only time you really notice your sump pump isn't working is when you need it.  Although I've been busy in the basement, it hasn't been building models.

No modeling within the next few days, that's for sure.

Thanks for asking, Maru.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...