1/32 Vacform F7F Tigercat

Derek B

i guess im the one responsible for the airframe??? we  re- worked the fuselage where the canopy fits...having only just cut out the those parts from the sheet and trimmed to size, the fit it very good  both halves go together pretty well...and certainly looks the part, earlier in the year i worked up the cockpit bulkheads inc a nose wheel floor. so i have templates for that area..i spoke with harold about making a cockpit set in resin,??????? as he has done a fantastic job with the wheels.. as with most scratch built projects "time" is the important element.....which runs away with us quicker than we know it...

I have a Tigercat, also cut off the backing sheet and it looks great, minimal work to get it sitting flush and because Tigger uses a decent thickness plastic it'll be like a kit with no fitting tabs! Looking forward to get cracking but won't be doing anything this side of the new year..... Going to be speaking to Draw Decal too as I need a sheet resizing :)

Would love a set of wheels too btw! Just let me know how to pay etc...

I have a Tigercat, also cut off the backing sheet and it looks great, minimal work to get it sitting flush and because Tigger uses a decent thickness plastic it'll be like a kit with no fitting tabs! Looking forward to get cracking but won't be doing anything this side of the new year..... Going to be speaking to Draw Decal too as I need a sheet resizing :)

Would love a set of wheels too btw! Just let me know how to pay etc...

Nose wheel is in rubber right now. I will pour one this afternoon and post a pic if it is good to go.

Update: I only have to finish up the outer hub detail and then in the rubber. I put a pilot hole on the inner hub, not knowing what diameter the "strut" might be.

I didn't like my first attempt on the wheel disc, so I did it all over. I think it looks a bit closer to scale now.

Outer hub getting last details.

IMG_2523_zpsv1d6hpvy.jpg

Inner hub with pilot hole.

IMG_2525_zpsddneqwwv.jpg

the tigercat vacform......just wanted to say a big thank you to harold.... for his efforts and time he has put in to creating a set of wheels for the tigercat, he has created a part that i would certainly not even concider starting. so its a big thumbs up from me......i would also like to say a big thanks to john "tigger"wilkes too...as he was the one who offered to do the vacforming.......at this moment in time it is the only player in town and a vacform......im proud to say i had a part in making it happen.....1/32 F7F TIGERCAT.

hi radders, john and myself have spoke regarding the fairey firefly mk5, just wainting to see if john wants to proceed with that project???? i hope so its a good looking aeroplane...watch this space...

I'm pretty sure Paul Fisher is already working on a resin Firefly, so it might be worth touching base with him before coming to any firm decisions.

Kev

yes kevin you are right,i spoke with paul regarding his resin firefly and reckons it could be ready for the spring....he will be doing two versions from the same mould (sounds difficult) but hey were talking about paul fisher so any thing is possible....as i mentioned  nothing is in stone regarding a vacform firefly....still nice looking aircraft all the same...

• 2 weeks later...