1/32 Vacform F7F Tigercat

Derek B

I've just been chatting with Paul (the owner of SP miniatures) about this kit, and have encouraged him to post here about it. You beat him to it, Derek! Paul assures me that this one is much more accurate in shape than the Combat kit, but he doesn't have a price yet. I'm hoping he can join us with some more info about his plans.

Kev

I've just been chatting with Paul (the owner of SP miniatures) about this kit, and have encouraged him to post here about it. You beat him to it, Derek! Paul assures me that this one is much more accurate in shape than the Combat kit, but he doesn't have a price yet. I'm hoping he can join us with some more info about his plans.

Kev

Thanks for that Kev - I simply picked it up off FB, so I hope that I have not messed things up for him?

Derek

Not at all, Derek! I'm hoping this will draw Paul out and get him directly in touch with his core audience and market. Paul's developing plans for other kits and accessories, so a feedback loop here on LSP is always a good thing in my opinion.

Kev

Awesome!!!!!    Man, depending on price, I might have to invest as its my favorite air-frame......................Im STILL hoping someone will bring us an IM F7F. But Im sure that wont happen until Peter puts the last and final touches on his masterpieces.  :lol:

Paul assures me that this one is much more accurate in shape than the Combat kit.......

That wont be too hard to accomplish. The best part of the CM T-cat kit is the 3 view plans. The rest is HIGHLY suspect..................as well as being one of the WORST vac pulls I have ever seen.   Looking forward to more info!

aaah, well i know the Combat kit is/was a "DOG", but i found it reasonably buildable, and indeed like Brian said, hopefully a IM kit will be available in the future.......

IMG_0687_zps782351de.jpg

Still a really LOVELY build Jack!     But then again ANY T-cat is lovely to me, but this one is especially nice, since the existence of 32nd F7Fs is pretty much NIL

thanks Brian, but you're right about shape problems and such, the combat release i'd bought years ago was one of the few having "more or less" injection moulded gear legs and prop blades, and they were very rough, so say the least.

But this wasn't a master piece, and i doubt i had the skills at that time to improve on it.

Hopefully i'll do better with the vac Cheyenne in helo GB.......

J.

hi every one,i am paul from sp miniatures, i would like to thank derek for bringing to your notice my recent tigercat master pattern and "first pull" vacform...this is my new venture sp miniatures. i have been model making for many years since the sixties..and working in wood since the age of 17...due to a motor cycle accident i can no longer work as a joiner so this is what i want to do now....the tigercat is one of my favorite aircraft...ive always wanted a 1/32 scale model but no one does one apart from the combat one???? so thought id have a go myself..this is the end result...The master patterns are just about complete and i have the fuselage as you can see???hopefully by next week i should have the other bits. i will build a proto type to show you....i intend to make some models in the flying mode on a solid wooden plinth to sell...and also sell the vac parts to the public..at around £30.00....this pattern is as accurate as i can get it...and certainly looks like a tigercat....i will keep you posted..happy modelling. please check out my facebook page for my other models  SP MINIATURES..cheers paul...

Hi guys it is in fact a completely reworked and tweeted kit which is now part of the Tigger Models line of kits. We started with some poor fuselage patterns and then they have been remastered in resin with corrections to shapes being done as well as the length being corrected. Next was wings and again new patterns were made in resin and the shapes corrected. We then also worked on the engine cowls and only once everything was ready. Did we actually pull some test shots which were sent back to Paul. Paul has done the donkey work on the patterns and I have them ready to go. Price will probably be £35.00 as there is a lot of plastic in it. I have a little more tinkering to do on the canopy but I am happy to take orders later this week.

Paul has been the driving force behind this project as it was one of his wish list. We have several more projects on the cards with him soon too.

John

Edited by tigger

id just like to thank john for his kind words,id also like to say glad you liked the end result...lets hope we can put our heads together and come up with some more intresting models every one can enjoy in the near future...watch this space....mr p    c/o tigger models & sp miniatures...

• 2 weeks later...