A-4E Skyhawk Aggressor (Trumpeter A-4F kit - 1/32)

alaninaustria

Thanks mate! I wanted to ask if anybody has any period photo sources for this specific bird? I have found a few odd pics online, it seems this a/c (152067), had a few generations of paint schemes!

Cheers and thank you

Alan

Alan the jet image you posted in your first post isn't the same jet as on the Twobobs sheet.

It's A-4E Buno 152004.

182398_10200894233943801_1380126741_n_zp

320120_4838094993695_568064422_n_zpsbkmc

10433233_10204355660637305_1226536531751

10436206_10204355661757333_1028127552089

Small magazine image,but it does show the upper wing camouflage,the port side was a mirror image.

ST830881_zps09168197.jpg

Edited by mungo1974

Alan, what a great choice of subject. I really like your way of detailing with a sense of the real deal functionality , pushed oleos turned front wheel and so on. All of that makes your model to stand apart from the crowd . I will follow with excitement.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback and input! Yes, I know Mungo... I have kept that photo up because I actually really like the different paint scheme better than the one on the TwoBobs decal sheet... I am still undecided! Those NAVY scooters had some really interesting schemes! Thanks for sharing those photos!! They are great!!

Stay tuned, more to follow!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! A short update:

Found time to get the seat cushions covered in texture using the tissue technique:

image_zpsyd47dgii.jpeg

Finally starting to look like a fast mover... Elevators and horizontal stabs are done... As well as the rear wing upper parts... and all seams on the rear fuselage have been sanded smooth...

image_zpsigcxgy6x.jpeg

Next up: to finish the cockpit detailing so I can get it all sewn closed!!!

Getting closer to the finish line! :)

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

Quick update....

Started to replace the moulded on oversize vortex generators using the Eduard PE set:

I began by lightly painting over the provided template guide to properly allign the vortex generators...

image_zpsym8a2ef1.jpeg

image_zpstgti8yb8.jpeg

Made some progress on the ejection seat:

image_zps81dtp7n1.jpeg

Olive drab seat cushions.... the color seems to be off under the current lighting conditions:

image_zpsiylyn99o.jpeg

Edited by alaninaustria

Alan, superb work mate. I am really enjoying this and Eric's build. I love the little Scooter and you are doing a cracking job. Like everyone else mentioned, those vortex generators are awesome. After seeing this it makes me want to finish mine. Just patiently waiting for this kiwi pit to get into production so I can finish mine.

Now, one thing to note on this kit is that fairing behind the canopy tapers back to a point in plan view. It needs more radius to it. For me it detracts from the look as it is so visible when looking down on the kit. But take a look for yourself and see if it bothers you.

Either way, lovely job.

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Karim! Thanks for the kind words mate! The resin tyres are from True Details (32014), they were included already in the trade for this kit! Yes, OPC went really well - always nice to get a great instructor and seasoned crew! Glad you also have yours done too!

I really like your work on the A-6... can't wait to see you tackle the Scooter too at some point! Eric has a great Scooter build going on too - he used the Aires wheel bays and cockpit resin sets, they look just great! If I ever do another build, I probably would go with the Aires sets too!

Cheers and fly safe bro

Alan

Alan, great update...your work is super clean bro really fantastic stuff!!!

The yellow looks super crisp i love it. i always found the yellow to be difficult for me to paint. The vortex gens are fantastic

i just bought today a couple of am addons for the scooter (and a CR**LOAD of more stuff for other projects in the stash hopefully to materialize someday i hope! i like stacking up on stuff so when i open a kit box i find all the am stuff i need already inside lol!)

Safe flying and happy landings Captain!

Karim

Edited by karimb