A-4E Skyhawk Aggressor (Trumpeter A-4F kit - 1/32)

alaninaustria

Thank you for the kind feedback gentlemen! I've spent a little time at the bench....

First off I enlarged the rudder slightly with card stock and added some detail to the instrument coaming:

image_zpsct7fckhg.jpeg

Check the fit... looks a little more appropriate!

image_zpsi9icaa96.jpeg

I've been experimenting a little with the cockpit... added some detail, larger rails for the ejection seat and a little detail such as the throttle etc... Still not complete in this area by a long shot! :)

image_zps6l5w2u00.jpeg

One area I always enjoy detailing up... landing gear! I seperated the fork and added brass bushings to strengthen the area and to allow for castoring of the main fork. The kit part was molded together with the nose wheel which in my opinion in this scale is outright taboo...

image_zps7iwptpvk.jpeg

Another shot of the gear together:

image_zpse9khs9x5.jpeg

The main gear were shortened by 1mm and reinforced the entire length by a brass rod from one end to the other....

image_zps3sydfomz.jpeg

I have started to paint up the ACMI pod...

Slowly but surely making progress!

image_zpsy0uzjesp.jpeg

So far that's it... lots of little jobs right now!

Edited by alaninaustria

Thanks Mark! Much appreciated! I'm really trying to make time for this build... today I was able to get the main engine fan painted up:

image_zps9gwlxp6k.jpeg

And, I was able to finally paint up my ACMI pod! I used white decals and a few spare numbers to detail it:

image_zpsuie7eddo.jpeg

In situ:

image_zpsprzjlanj.jpeg

I ordered some Mr. Paint, and it arrived today... can't wait to give it a go!!

image_zpswjempc4m.jpeg

That's all for today, thanks for stopping by!

Cheers and happy modelling!

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

A quick update! Baby steps.... found enough time to get the rear fuselage section joined, and the rear attenae attached... I also ran over the seams with some MrSurfacer 500.... Next up will be sanding gently along those seams!

image_zpsqvlxwilg.jpeg

I also filled in along the seam behind the air intake....

image_zpsyhm3m7ce.jpeg

Hope you enjoy the small steps! She's starting to look like a Scooter!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

fantastic work Alan...you sure make it look easy...ive had twice problems with this moulded in nosewheel tire to the assembly...and i completely agree with you. what am wheels are you using so i can keep the ref for future scooter builds my friend. I hope the LPC/OPC went well, i just did mine on the 4th of the month...

Karim

Hi Karim! Thanks for the kind words mate! The resin tyres are from True Details (32014), they were included already in the trade for this kit! Yes, OPC went really well - always nice to get a great instructor and seasoned crew! Glad you also have yours done too!

I really like your work on the A-6... can't wait to see you tackle the Scooter too at some point! Eric has a great Scooter build going on too - he used the Aires wheel bays and cockpit resin sets, they look just great! If I ever do another build, I probably would go with the Aires sets too!

Cheers and fly safe bro

Alan