A-4E Skyhawk Aggressor (Trumpeter A-4F kit - 1/32)

alaninaustria

Oh, yes. Can you feel the positive vibes coming your way to help this project along? There are a lot of interested people enjoying this project! BECAUSE IT'S GOOD!! Are you going to display it on a diorama base or have it stand alone?

Hi Greg, thanks for the question - I have a small wooden base earmarked for this bird - she will be parked all alone, with boarding ladder and fire extinguisher out on the flight line. Thanks for the nice feedback - it’s great to see a Skyhawk still gets a few of us excited!! Looking forward to seeing more of your Skyhawk build!!

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Alan,

I will also be doing an aggressor Skyhawks one of these years, I think the old Superscale 1/32 A-7-E VA-72 sheet has many of the decals you may want, it may even be the right shade of gray (I think you can give yourself some leeway on the exact shade of gray given how weathered you A-4 became).

Cheers,

Marcel

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 8:10 AM, alaninaustria said:

Quick update....

Started to replace the moulded on oversize vortex generators using the Eduard PE set:

I began by lightly painting over the provided template guide to properly allign the vortex generators...

image_zpsym8a2ef1.jpeg

image_zpstgti8yb8.jpeg

Hi Alan - I am going to use the Eduard etched VG set on my A4G and wondered what type of glue you are using to attach the VG's - I assume you spray paint through the template to mark the position of the VG & glue over the paint? - any help appreciated as I have not found the instructions that helpful

CJP

• 5 months later...

Hello CJP, my apologies for such a late reply - I spray painted lightly over the template with black to mark the exact location, then I used a drop of fluid CA to glue the Vortex-Generators (VGs) down. Time consuming, but well worth it in the end!!

I am looking forward to seeing some of your work mate! 

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Outstanding work ... a styrene in your hands with this kit get a new life...I love it !! A-4 Aggressor was always for me a fantastic subject for a model... now I know why. After see your work I am inspired to reach my models from stash... but lastly little bit no time for modelling. Some day ..some day. Well done !!

Edited by Turecki
misspelling

• 4 weeks later...