Sign in to follow this  
dutik

Smallest chopper of the world - Heliofly III

Paint it!

nerd6epsb2.jpg

The Aviator got a necklace. There was nothing inside his suit, except a moldline and some bubbles. 'cause he's not Frankenstein junior I covered them with a necklace. Choice of color follows the Osprey manual about painting Fallschirmjagers, the "Tankhunter" chapter, the brighter of the two smocks. Added the shades too.Highlights and "smoothing transitions out" to follow. Not to mention the brown and green camo blotches.

His companion is the NBC suit/Flamethrower figure from Takoms KV-5 kit. Same procedure, but with the proper greys for a soviet made suit. And yes, this is a hair at the figure. I removed it meanwhile :)

Regards

- dutik

Painted the overall in ochre. Added shadows and highlights (kind of...). The redbrown camo dots are just the first color layer. Two images, with flash and without:

nerd7lfsjb.jpg

nerd82usbi.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

Browns and greens:

nerd95xsf4.jpg

nerd1043smd.jpg

Sumpfmuster, aka "swamp pattern". Next step is to give the blotches a soft outline. Then adding more contrast and depth to the flightsuite.

Enjoy!

- dutik

dutik,

I know I am poorly  and thought I was seeing spots before MY eyes  :rofl: :rofl:    but I realize its your lovely camouflage  paint work. :wow: :yahoo:

Looks very good . :punk:

I look forward to see more.

Our little friend tried to switch the side. He went green like a Froggy. Not a good idea. I rapinted him partially to make him looke yellow like a Hun:

nerd11z5u39.jpg

Which also forced me to paint new lihts and shadows... Added a brown wash, painted gloves, scarf, bag and helmet in base color, repainted the harness where I lacked a steady hand. When I am raedy with the equipment I want to give him a face. Face this!

Regards

- dutik

Time to show the NASTY side of life :fight:

nerd12dixjt.jpg

nerd131ma6k.jpg

Looks pretty nasty, eh?

But beware! - The flash, and the mini-man is just 5 cm / 2 inches high. Much, much smaller than in the image. Looks much nicer when you hold him in your hand :whistle:

Regards

- dutik