[W] MiG-23MLD Flogger-K - Trumpeter 1:32.

Gelerth

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I hope you will find something nice or usueful here.  :)

Awesome work. The paint is really neat, can't wait to see what you do with that resin exhaust. I've long admired the detail in that item. 

Jim

Thank you. Details are really good on the exhaust but I'm still wonder how am I gonna to paint this.

That's a great WIP.

There's never enough soviet made aicraft !

True. I have only MiG-29 completed so I hope soon he will get a good comrade.

Gelerth..

the cockpit and the ejection seats look SPLENDID...MAGNIFICENT.. job..

looking every inch like a Soviet aircraft. .

I like your "provisional" drawing of the base ... any further ideas on that.

Thank you. .

:goodjob: :clap2:

Thank you. Weel I have few ideas... but I will reveal them later - I hope you will be suprised. :whistle:

Very nice job on a very cool subject. 

Keep it up!

Thank you.

Those wheel bays look terrific. Are they the kit parts or did you add some scratch built parts?

Cheers

Rainer

Thank Rainer. Wheel bays are resin from Aires - they already look amazing so I didn't add anything to them.

Ok. Back to work. 
I corrected a rear part of S-24B rocket as kit provided a flat cap at the end:
IMG_2823.JPG

Finally I glued canopy and of course I had to used some putty:
IMG_2825.JPG

Also I clean up a metal struts and join them with plastic parts:
IMG_2826.JPG

Do you guys have any good photos of undercarriage? I would like to add some wiring.

I'm not sure if I will use it but I started a cart:
IMG_2824.JPG
IMG_2827.JPG
IMG_2828.JPG

And on the end, almost completly scrached plaster board - i will use it as a pattern and cast some more:
001.jpg

Great work Gelerth, love the base.

Jim

Thank Jim.

Very nice !

Thank you.

Works continues.

First I dear how I would like to set up a monument:
IMG_2843.JPG

Then I started to realize my idea by placing pavements and putting some small stones on one of the path:
001.jpg

In the meantime I glued air intakes:
IMG_2844.JPG
001.jpg

I wanted to build engine as an option to open the plane and show it but I decided not to - it is too risky that plane will open by itself, so I will paint it and glue all parts in place.

Some more photos of base with more rocks. I've noticed that they are too big, so I will put some smaller on top. Also I prepared land for grass. It was made from plasticine, then some water based glue and earth from my garden:

IMG_2848.JPG
Now I will have to paint pavement, plant some grass and almost done.

I paint also the interior parts of engine, but  they won't fit into the exhaust, I almost broke down the very fragile resin rings and etched construction to hold them together. Finally I was able to slide it in and glue in place. Engine is ready for painting now:
IMG_2849.JPG

I glued "teeth" as vortex genarators but they look odd to me:
IMG_2850.JPG

Without tail, plane looks like a spaceship from Star Wars:
IMG_2851.JPG

Looks great, I love that base. On the fuselage, there are two lines of rivets parallel to each other on the spine, either side of where the front half joins the rear. It's hard to tell if they are parallel, or if it's a trick of perspective that makes them look not to be? Either way your work is really neat and impressive, far better than I can manage.

Cheers

Jim

Looks great, I love that base. On the fuselage, there are two lines of rivets parallel to each other on the spine, either side of where the front half joins the rear. It's hard to tell if they are parallel, or if it's a trick of perspective that makes them look not to be? Either way your work is really neat and impressive, far better than I can manage.

Cheers

Jim

Thank you Jim. I think that curve of the fuselage makes this optical ilusion cause lines are parallel - but thank for pointing this out.

Great project!

Wheel wells and 'pit looking exceptionally good.

Great idea for display, too!

John

Thank you John.