IAR 81C

SNA

SNA,

The decaling looks rather good to me. I can see a difference between the decals and the yellow wing tips. Is it a difference in color, or are the decals slightly opaque?  Amazing work on those hinges, as they add quite a bit of realism to your build.

Joel

The decals have a wrong colour, they have a yellow closer to a lemon and they should be closer to RLM04, so I painted the wingtips in a yellow close to the decals to not have a huge difference.

In this picture you can see the difference between decal sheet from Radub's conversion set for IAR80 and decals from AZUR kit.

20170201_214618_zpse3y7razf.jpg

Edited by SNA

I'm using super glue with activator for brass, the control surfaces were fixed with Italeri's glue for plastic. It is not the best glue, but it is very easy to fix them again if they fall and without other major damages.

All of them are handmade, I'm using drills from 0.5mm to 1.5mm, nail scissors and round files. Firstly I make one piece, after I check if fits ok I copy that piece. They are not perfect, but I don't know how to make PE.

Edited by SNA

Hello!

Last days I worked at my project and now it is approaching to an end. 

Hope to finish this soon, cause it took me more than I exected. I struggled alot to glue the engine on fuselage and I managed to broke it once, I also have to repair the antena. 

Today I worked at undercarriege, I shortened the legs a little bit and I made new doors from brass because the plastic ones were ugly.

Now I have to add the hoses to the wheels brakes and mount the flaps and ailerons.

20170123_194624_zps6cvrfs1d.jpg

20170123_194712_zpsh9ctd4es.jpg

20170123_194900_zpszd0mhzrr.jpg

20170123_195032_zpsqyhm6ebw.jpg

20170123_195040_zpsbyrf63ud.jpg

This took a while.

tumblr_nslca6SaWZ1qh124lo1_500.gif

Great job.  :goodjob: