1/32 Frogfoot

panzerrob

Hi all,

As I promised a few weeks ago I present my Frogfoot!

After years of building big scale tanks I thought it was time for something else for a change.

Unfortunately the aircraft bug bit me and I bought 2 F15's (Revell and Tamiya) and a AFV Club F16!

Anyway, back to the Frogfoot. 

When I bought the Frogfoot I decided to use a lot of aftermarket stuff, Eduard, Aires and Quickboost to name a few.

I have to admit that building this planes gives me great joy, more than I expected.

However, poor planning on my part left me with an already glued left engine nacelle, so I cant use the Aires part which is supposted to be included. Also almost no reference material makes this build also a bit complicated. Okay, there's internet, but the PC is in the attic, the hobbyroom on the first floor, so running up and down isn't much fun.

So, here are a few photo's:

DSCN0005_zpswttdxc3n.jpg

DSCN0006_zpsotd3ujhp.jpg

DSCN0002_zpsb7oikcl7.jpg

DSCN0007_zpsgyljuyol.jpgDSCN0001_zpsisgxg9ji.jpg

DSCN0004_zpswifg0suz.jpg

I know the colors I used aren't the right ones but I think they look good. For the next builds I will buy a good reference book!

The Aires cockpit needed a fair amount of filler but fits reasonable okay now. I added some phantasy plumbing to the engine.

I hope you like it!

With regards,

Rob

Nice build Rob dont worry about the colours if you check out ny frogfoot build you'll see i also used some wrong colours lol its pretty hard to find good reference materials for the frogfoot i had to trawl the internet for my zabak camo quite a bit lol. Its a very enjoyable kit and im sure it will look fantastic with all the aftermarket stuff on. Cockpit looks very nice. How was the fit of the aires cockpit did it fit at all lol ? The one i just put in my starfighter build is an Aires and it was a real nightmare to make it fit. Enjoy the build and keep the updates coming! Karim

Edited by karimb

Hi all,

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Most of the building is done now, so I put on the first 2 colors:

DSCN0001_zpslpyaijjx.jpg

DSCN0003_zpskgn3z45s.jpg

Now I have a question!

I can't find a good photo, showing the camouflage close up, or, is it hard edge or soft edge?

Hard edge is easier to paint/airbrush  but I wanna do it correctly, so if some-one has better info on the camouflage, please let me know!

GRReetz,

Rob

Dont tell me you're doing the zabak scheme??!

It looks like it. The su25 I built was in zabak scheme too i can tell you its hard edged camo but the way i tackled the paintjob might be a bit different. What colour yellow are you using Rob? Take a look at my build in rfi ( i think there is a link below for rfi and work in progress) and we can compare notes my friend. If i can be of any help let me know ! Your build looks great

Karim

Next Frogfoot, I am very happy !!! But beware of the Trumpeter's instructions are very bad !!! Correct some errors. Air intake on the cover, nozzle Su-25 does not have. Not too hard cover in front of air brakes.Coloring I have looking at the CD, and Trumpeter has wrong.

IMG_2956_zpsmv39dv8v.jpg

IMG_2953_zps0mh45hao.jpg

IMG_2938_zpszeiqybwm.jpg

IMG_2969_zpsvfjskyfj.jpg

Hello Karimb,

Thanks for your comments, it is indeed the Zabak version. This was the first "Warchaupact airplane I refueled during my career in the Dutch Naval Air Arm. And when I saw this kit with the Frog I had to have it!

The cockpit fits pretty good, I had no major issue's with it. The paint I used are Yellow Lasur Rlm 05 Model Air 71106, Gunship Green 70895 and INtermediate Green 70891, all from Vallejo. The brown I couldn't find but it's a bit to dark I think.

By the way, I visited Libanon 4 times and I really enjoyed my vacations, specially Baalbek!

Hello Harvy5,

Thanks for the photo's but I saw them too late, all the airscoops were glued on already. But now I'm convinced I need a reference book for my next builds (F15C and F16B)

Time for some photo's!

rp2a1.jpg.html]DSCN0001_zpsfwbrp2a1.jpg

DSCN0006_zpsgpue1clv.jpg

DSCN0003_zpsnbbe7thp.jpg

All the paint and decals are on, now it needs some panel lining and then varnish.

With regards,

Rob

Edited by panzerrob