1:24 scale Hawker Typhoon

Monty Python

Just been on evilbay having a look at odds and sods and saw that Airfix has listed one their 1:24 scale Typhoon prototype models for auction. On closer looks, it has a car door fitment and not the bubble canopy. By this I mean it has the windscreen and door but no rear glazing. Interesting or what. Does this mean that an earlier Mk.I will be with us in the future?

Edited by Monty Python

Sorry but that is the current bubble top Typhoon kit without the side panels.

Look at the smaller photos below the main one and you'll see the car door set up

Edited by Monty Python

I wonder if Airfix knows someone is selling one of their SLA prototypes?? My bet is they don't. And my bet is that if they find out, whoever that is won't be seeing any more of them.

Did you read the description... You have to go to the place to get it so im guessing its pretty official and that they are aware of the sale

I wonder if Airfix knows someone is selling one of their SLA prototypes??  My bet is they don't.  And my bet is that if they find out, whoever that is won't be seeing any more of them.

The seller is Hornby Hobbies, who own Airfix.

A shorter spinner (part #G11) is included in the current kit with no mention of it in the instructions.  So let us hope.  Ahh how those Airfix guys like to tease!  I'm salivating too. lol  Wouldn't it be nice if they did a  pre Christmas release when everyone is in the holiday spirit, and in a buying mood, loading up their credit cards.  I'm sure they would fly off the shelves.  That would be a nice Christmas present to give to myself, and wouldn't care for anything else. lol  Darn good kit.  Sure hope Airfix is reading all of this.

Best regards

Patrick