Trumpeter MiG 3

dennismcc

Well she's finally finished, I really enjoyed this one, I did not attempt to rectify the kit faults, just a straightish build, the paint is a mix of Model Master interior green for the AMT-4, for the AMT-6 WEM Colourcoats  AMT Black, and for the undersides AII Blue Xtracolor X601. Reference information came from the Soviet Warplanes site http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php. without which I would have struggled. The markings are Montex masks which worked really well the only snag with them was that I got the positioning of the fuselage slogan wrong, it's too low. I did buy some aftermarket, a Quickboost seat and a set of exhausts, the seat was not much better than the modified kit one so I did not use it, but the exhausts were light years ahead of the kit ones.

Here is a link to some more information about  "my MiG" http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/fall.html

I had to adjust the colour balance of the photos as my camera loves to make the green really bright, but it is bog standard MM 34151.

xKsdlR.jpg

8Dn7eG.jpg

m5Ubzu.jpg

4cSsfw.jpg

vojzVx.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced Photobucket photos

The model looks awesome, as a starting point.  Has this one just rolled out of the factory?  The insides of the exhausts aren't even dirty...you might try a little weathering...

Dave

Thank you Kev, looks good, and thank you guys for the kind words, as to weathering I normally do some mild weathering on my builds but with this one I was just so glad to finish something (first this year) that I called it quits, but I have two more nearly finished projects so I may have a mass weathering session later.

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc