Hasegawa Bf109G-10 "White 11" II./JG 52

tucohoward

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to be back at the bench. Been dealing with my mother's passing and all that's associated with that. It's OK. She had a great life and just missed 90 by a few weeks. Children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, career, even a stint in the USAF where she met my father.

Anyway trying to get this finished up for the Old Dominion Open in Richmond on Saturday. Mostly dealing the fiddly bits at this point. Tried a new method for the canopy tether. After building a WNW kit I decided to try rigging it with E-Z Line and Bob's Buckles stuff and a spring made from copper wire. I like it. BTW Joe, the tires are painted with Mr. Surfacer 1500 black for a base and then a mix of brown and black gouache water color paint. You can't get a flatter finish than that.

Jay

20170221_175606_zpsbklymxmi.jpg20170221_175440_zpsls9esoo5.jpg20170221_175423_zpswigzvge0.jpg20170221_175354_zps7cxushiy.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Jay

Same here. It an awesome kit and just getting use to how ZM writes their instructions is an adventure all unto itself. I'm working on the DB603 engines now and the detail is really nice.

Peter