Hasegawa Bf109G-10 "White 11" II./JG 52

tucohoward

Well, I could only go so long without working on a 109. Still enjoying the D VII, but I am not opposed to having a couple things going at the same time. I am using a G-14AS kit as I have a bunch of those and I think the only difference from the G-10 kit is the lack of large wheel bumps. Not sure as I have never had a Hasegawa G-10. I have plenty of spare parts so that won't be an issue. It does have the higher oil fill port of the G-10. Found a scheme I liked in the JaPo G-10 book, and as it turned out, I already have decals for it from HungAero Decals. Will use a bunch of AM stuff as usual. Normally I use MDC cockpits, but thought I would try out an Aires pit this time. A little different in that it requires some modification of the cockpit deck.

Jay20150825_062539_zpsbhci2uqo.jpg20150825_063050_zpsscnyhua9.jpg20150824_214223_zps6zvn6mjt.jpg20150824_214323_zpsga28mcph.jpg20150824_214338_zpsuudy06pt.jpg20150824_214358_zpspogcsrv3.jpg

Guest Clunkmeister

Jay, I love the scheme. It should be a nice easy and fairly trouble free build..  I'm looking forward to it as I do with all your 109s.

Great to see this, Jay!

I know what you mean. I haven't built a 109 or a 190 for a little while now. It won't be too much longer and I'll be having major withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully, your build with get me through! :D

I've used several Aires pits on other Hasegawa 109 kits (but not the G-10) and found that a Dremel tool comes in really handy. It only takes a few minutes to grind the required material from the spar section below the floor and it will fit. It doesn't have to look nice, either, because you'll never see it!

Looking great already and I can't wait to see more.

John

, I like "White 15" very much also. I wonder if there are decals out there for that. I do have three or four more of these kits.  :mental:

Jay

Hi

all you have to do is to increase the drawing to 1/32 scale ( + 12% I think), and do you own stencils , the  figures  are not outlined , it would be easy

Alain