WingNuts Albatros

Jon. H

Welcome Jon, you're certainly in the right place judging by the excellent quality of your builds. I've not been here that long but the friendliness, helpfulness and fairness of the chaps on this forum makes it my first port of call every day.

Max

Hi Jon, welcome to LSP, great work! The weathering on the Spitfire looks absolutely authentic. Perhaps you could explain your technique, I could sure use some pointers. Best, Jean

Jean, it has been 4 years since I have built the Spitfire. Sometimes I look at it and wonder how I did that or what did I do there, LOL. I will tell you that most of the time I like to spray the base color, then do alot of color modulation to change up the base coat so its not so monotone. Then I like to use Mig's line of washes straight on the paint with no protective cover of gloss. (just go to make sure the base color is either lacquer or acrylic) I like this way as I remove the wash with tupernoid it really give you a good worn look.  You can make it dirty in some areas and lighter in others.

I hope this helps some Jean.

Thanks again all for the welcome.

• 10 months later...

Hello all once again. I have not done any work in a while. Funny how life gets in the way of hobbies. Seems like I am only averging one build every year, LOL.  Last time I post I had started on an Albatros. Well, I finally got it done and was so impressed by the Wingnuts kit that I am currently getting stuff together for a Gotha build.

For this build I used wood grain decals from Uschi van der Rosten, turnbuckles from Gaspatch, engine stuff from Taurus Models and other odd and ends.

20150720_140030.jpg
20150720_135938.jpg
20150720_135927.jpg
20150720_135909.jpg
20150720_135758.jpg
20150720_135746.jpg
20150720_135636.jpg
20150720_135544.jpg
20150720_135526.jpg

I am currently working of a figure to go with the plane along with a base.

IMG_2464.jpg

Thanks for looking.