WingNuts Albatros

Jon. H

Hello all LSP members, I am new here. I have been modeling on and off for the past 8 years. My main interest are WWII era aircraft. Got bit by the WWI bug during the build of this Wingnuts Albatros. I see many more in the future for me. I have had most fun building this plane.

I am currenlty working on the Albatros from Wingnuts. I use wood decals from uschi van der rosten. Also stuff from Taurus Models, Bob's Buckels, HGW nail decals, and turnbuckles from Gaspatch.  This is my first WWI aircraft so I have no idea if I have done it justice. I am currenlty in the process of rigging and finding it the most fun part about the build. I had to use the stock guns cause I messed up the PE part trying to roll the part and I glued the wrong piece for the engine. Instead of using the one with the coolant pipe that ran through the cylinder I used the one with what looks like external cooling pipes. Oh well, live a learn.

Also made seat cushion out of sculpt putty and foil for leather seat back. 

20140803_171051.jpg20140831_233025.jpg20140902_195843.jpg20140902_200148.jpg

I hope these are acceptable here, I have seen many great works on here.

And now for some of my past builds

I would like to post some more of my builds but I want to make sure this works first.

Welcome Jon...

Great builds. The Albatros looks great in the Uschi decals. You could, by the way, replace the 'solid' kit guns with a pair of turned brass jobbies.. Master do these and you don't have to roll them:).

Here's link to Master Barrels page for Spandaus http://master-model.pl/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=181&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

Not sure who, but someone must do them in the States..

Matt