Trumpeter 1/32 Bf109K-4 review out yet??

hworth18

Unfortunately we don't receive review samples from any of the big Asian manufacturers, though we will occasionally purchase some ourselves. So unless a member who owns the kit is able to put together a review for us, most Trumpeter kits don't get reviewed here.

Kev

This is one of the reasons why I made most of the tweak lists for Asian kits. Others are generally well covered by reviewers.

T.

Unfortunately we don't receive review samples from any of the big Asian manufacturers, though we will occasionally purchase some ourselves. So unless a member who owns the kit is able to put together a review for us, most Trumpeter kits don't get reviewed here.

Kev

Has anyone from here ever approached Trumpeter, Kev?

My ultimate ambition is for us to have a review of every LSP kit ever released, as far as is practicable. It's not an especially realistic goal, but we certainly have a lot of glaring holes I'd like to see filled.

Kev

That would be awesome, and reminds me that I need to seek more box art imagery, as well as book covers. Thanks,

Hello gang,

I have built the Trump G-10 kit and i felt tf was an good kit,but ih may had a a lot of issues but not more than the Hasegawa kit, the first thing that comes to mind it is that it is the correct length, the wheel wells  are bad as the Hase kit the cockpit is a tad too long.

Their rivet issue isn't that bad at all one cover of paint fixes that, and if you do the kit with the engine cowl closed then you have to make your own hinge .

By the way, the strange placement of the exhaust isnt so strange because the engine is too short

Cheers

Boris

• 3 years later...

Hello 

We can found at some build thread through the forum about these Trumpeter Bf109,  some G like this one:

which I can supose is very similar to the K model, and they look good - apart needed a new spinner ;-)

The biggest issue of all the late 109’s from Trump is the incorrect profile of the lower cowl.

it is far to curved with almost no corners making the nose look far to pointy.

A quick comparison of the lower cowl part with any close up nose image shows that off.

We need Barracuda or Pastor John to do a new lower cowl.

Fix that and it will look far better and cure the pointy nose look and i actually quite like the rest of the 109 from Trump.

But that lower cowl lack of corners causes it to look wrong at the front.

If you displayed the engine you would hide that issue and the detail etc of the rest of them is very nice.

Edited by Darren Howie

The other problem with Trumpeter 109's, at least the ones I have seen (please tell me if they corrected this in later issues!), is also the canopy tapers inward toward the rear instead of being constant width through the hinged portion.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

The other problem with Trumpeter 109's, at least the ones I have seen (please tell me if they corrected this in later issues!), is also the canopy tapers inward toward the rear instead of being constant width through the hinged portion.

I believe it does taper somewhat, yes.

56 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Not supposed to!

I just checked my G-14 hybrid (K-4 base kit), and the canopy sides do seem to be parallel, with the exception of the area of flare-out for the cowling bulges.

20 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I just checked my G-14 hybrid (K-4 base kit), and the canopy sides do seem to be parallel, with the exception of the area of flare-out for the cowling bulges.

Maybe they did correct it late then. That would be good.