Bugatti 100P Record plane build

paul fisher

Just  a couple shots of my (finally!) finished build of the new Bugatti 100P in 1/24. Tamiya TS-15 blue from the rattle can over Tamiya light gray primer, micro-meshed out a bit before two coats of the blue, no clear coat.

A word of caution about the instrument decals, the clear film makes them a bit too big to just drop into the panel, I applied them to .005" plastic card and punched them out, then popped them into their respective bezels.You could just as easily punch them right out of the decal paper.

Now if someone will be brave and do it in French camouflage......

Top%202_zpsqrtobtmr.jpg

Top%201_zpsyontrjhg.jpg

Yeah agree with the rest...i must say....DAMN what a crisp finnish you got there...as im obsessed with finnishes....

Cool and rare model youve don...i like it very much, as it stands out alot.....

tell me more about how you achevied that fantastic finnish...har work i know.

/Mal

The Bugatti 100 project is being built here in my city. They just received their airworthiness certificate last night. The owner will be transporting it to a airfield with a much longer runway here in Oklahoma soon for flight testing. Saw the built up kit of Paul's model at the Nationals in Columbus. The pictures don't do it justice. This is a must have unique model to save your pennies for! One of Paul's best and that's settings the bar higher than normal!!

Thanks

Shane

Many thanks!

I so rarely actually get anything built and painted anymore it's a treat just to have something to post here....hazard of the job I guess.

As for the paint...just the usual gentle sanding out with wet and dry before priming, then the micro-mesh to polish the primer out to 4000, it's pointless to go any further than that, the Tamiya spray cans work great if just a bit warm, which was no problem since it is  over 100 here for days on end.

I used the micro-mesh and a bit of dish washing soap to polish out the first coat of blue, went through in a  few spots but the second coat covered very well and then I chickened out and called it good...like I say, I don't get to paint much anymore and it would probably  been better to decant the paint and airbrush but I knew I'd stall out if I didn't just do it.

Very excited to hear the replica has gotten it's C of A ...things are going to get interesting !