aircooled_nut

Largest Aftermarket Radial Engine

I was wondering who does the largest scale radial engine, I'm trying to track one down in at least 1:24 scale? I know the Airfix Zero has one, but a little expensive for just the engine. Does anyone do aftermarket resin casts?

Cheers

Phil. 

I sure wish Vector would up scale his magnificent engines to a stand-alone scale like 1/12 or something.  Imagine a gigantic Vector R2800 on a stand with all the bells and whistles?  I'd buy one in a New York minute!

I sure wish Vector would up scale his magnificent engines to a stand-alone scale like 1/12 or something.  Imagine a gigantic Vector R2800 on a stand with all the bells and whistles?  I'd buy one in a New York minute!

I completely agree....except I would vote for a 1/6 scale 4360!  The coolest engine ever made!

I currently have a master connecting rod for a 4360 in my man cave...sort of a religious object for me.

Edited by Bryan

IIRC, Williams did a 1/8 Wright Whirlwind (Spirit of St Louis' one) and a 1/12 P&W R-1340 Wasp. Revell did a 1/12 Wright R-1820, and possibly (not too sure) a Twin Wasp. All can be found on eBay from time to time.

Check also HPH. They do 1/18 in-lines, but not sure about radials.

Hubert

I bought two Trump Bearcats just for the engines for a CL215 project. Ended up using thecrest of the kits for a What If group build project, so they havent been wasted!

a CL215 project eh?......what are you upto Tim? :hmmm: :hmmm:

I bought two Trump Bearcats just for the engines for a CL215 project. Ended up using thecrest of the kits for a What If group build project, so they havent been wasted!

I see a CL-215 in my future as well Tim ;)

Derek

Fell in love with the CL215 a long time ago, but seeing one for real in the air museum in Madrid was enough to get me gathering data and materials, but goodness only knows when I will start it. As usual I have several projects on the go already!

Fell in love with the CL215 a long time ago, but seeing one for real in the air museum in Madrid was enough to get me gathering data and materials, but goodness only knows when I will start it. As usual I have several projects on the go already!

Likewise Tim - what did it for me (and I was hoping very much here), was seeing two of them in action recently on my Zakynthos holiday (and they were my favourite types, CL215's).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Gw_t6oRLLgo

Derek