Jennings Heilig

Coming from fündekals!

cool Jennings thank you

i hope these ones go well, they are just not for me

as for 'proper' well i think people know what i mean, but to spell it out, i have little / no interest in aircraft that were not front line combat aircraft - which (for me anyway) a courier plane is not

similarly, i don't do trainers etc (one exception: my friend is a Flt Lt in 100 Sqn and flies amongst other things, the Hawk - i will be making his plane, but otherwise wouldn't look at this aircraft)

to each his own, and like i said, i hope the sales of this go well and finance other Mossie sheets

Fair enough. :) I don´t do trainers neither and like you, do *combat aircraft*. Just happens to live about 2 miles from one of the fields BOAC Mossies landed in Sweden to pick up ball bearings. Very interesting stories and well worth a read between building those armed aircraft.. ;)

Looking forward to decals for combat aircatf-Mossies* myself though.. ;)

I might be in a minority, but this is an interesting color scheme, possibly because of its use. I like racing aircraft, yellow wings, small air forces, "What If" and experimental aircraft, most of which were never in combat. I also like interesting camouflage, which might have fought ...or not. Thanks to all those creative people who make fun stuff for our hobby, no matter the subject.

This might actually make me want a Mosquito.

Tnarg

I hadn't realized that the civil airline BOAC was in the bombing business.

What did they drop on whom and when?

I can see them now, strafing a rival airline's hanger and its planes on the tarmac.

Talk about tough competition! :fight:

And I thought business practices in the USA were cutthroat!

Stephen.

They dropped VIPs, agents (MI6 & OSS), diplomatic and intelligence documents, and (if you believe some stories) boxes of Swedish ball bearings - but they only dropped them once they landed in Sweden or back at Leuchars.  No strafing, unless somebody opened the door and fired a pistol as they flew past.  No guns mounted.

Any chance of some postwar Mosquitos?  I really like A * UP in the med grey upper and black underside scheme.  I think Airfix is including that scheme in their 1/24 repop.

Chris

Edited by Chris D.

Any chance of some postwar Mosquitos?  I really like A * UP in the med grey upper and black underside scheme.  I think Airfix is including that scheme in their 1/24 repop.

Chris

Yes, yes yes, I have that one in the display case, done maybe 30 plus years ago, using the nice Modeldecal sheet and the 1/72 Airfix Mossie. It is certainly one I have planned to build in 1/32 (scheduled for 2045 when I am getting close to 100 years old)