micromark rivet decals

daveoh

As the title says I'm after a UK distributer of Micromark rivet detail decals sheets. Not Archers fine detail decals. As they are very expensive and a lot smaller. If any one knows of a UK Company please let me know.

Thank you

Dave

I ordered mine direct. They arrived very quickly, although the postage was a little bit steep. Maybe we can organise a bulk order! I don't think Micro have a UK distributor. I would think too many of their products might not be suitable for the EU market, as they are not 240v/50Hz. That said, I can't go and order any one thing from their website, without discovering 5 other things, I had no idea I needed beforehand, but just HAVE to order right there and then!!

Tim  (In Bristol, by the way.)

Graham, they are huge in comparison! You get TWO sheets in a pack, and each sheet is much bigger than the Archer ones. (6" by 9" ) Here is a link with the dimensions and prices.

http://www.micromark.com/ho-scale-decals-with-raised-3d-rivets-and-other-surface-details,9968.html

They don't do any of the other things Archer do however, the weld seams and wood and treadplate textures for example, which are very handy.

I'd be happy to get some more if we want to order a few between us. Anyone else?

Tim

Gents, I'm coming over in Sept to London, if you want to put a bulk order together I can bring them over and save the shipping.  I'll be in Aldwych during the first part of the week and can leave them at our office there for pick-up if that helps.  Happy to bring over smaller items such as resin kits and of course decals.

Let me know. I'm back in Oct too.

Chrsi

Gents, I'm coming over in Sept to London, if you want to put a bulk order together I can bring them over and save the shipping. I'll be in Aldwych during the first part

of the week and can leave them at our office there for pick-up if that helps. Happy to bring over smaller items such as resin kits and of course decals.

Let me know. I'm back in Oct too.

Chrsi

That would be great chris I would definitely want a set. There is two sets available I believe as they are railway scale we need to know which set would be best for 1/32nd scale. keep me in the loop. And of course cost.

Dave

What do you guys use these enormous things for regarding LSPs? Aren't they too large for 1/32?

HO is actually a lot smaller than 1:32 scale, so depending on actual rivet head dimensions, might just work real well.

HO is actually a lot smaller than 1:32 scale, so depending on actual rivet head dimensions, might just work real well.

The question is : can steel railroad cars rivets be used to,represent 1/3 size aluminium rivets for aircrafts ? Tim's link to the Lynx helo build seems to indicate yes, although I am not sure it would be applicable for other aircrafts ...

Hubert

The question is : can steel railroad cars rivets be used to,represent 1/3 size aluminium rivets for aircrafts ? Tim's link to the Lynx helo build seems to indicate yes, although I am not sure it would be applicable for other aircrafts ...

Hubert

Right, aircraft type is certainly going to be a determining factor, but generally, I presume the builder will have a fair idea of what will be needed for his specific application.