What's the best book on the Heinkel 219

oyoy5

I would also pick this book up The Heinkel He 219 'Uhu': A Detailed Guide to the Luftwaffe's Ultimate Nightfighter  Valiant Wings - Richard A. Franks

http://www.squadron.com/The-Heinkel-He-219-Uhu-A-Detailed-Guide-to-the-p/vw004.htm

I like it a lot Cheers

I have the Kagero volume 1 and 2. They are nice reference books for details as they are full of CG pictures. However, they are CG so i dont know if they are accurate (i think so but i dont have any real He219 to compare :) ). They are actually compilation of CG pictures of almost every details of the aircraft.

There are also a few real photographs and descriptions at the begining.

Edited by Zero77

be wary of the Kagero books - they look cool but i would not take for granted that what you see is accurate (my experience from reviewing some of their titles)

what exactly are you after though?

take a look at the Ferguson Research Paper book - this book was discussed in depth on the old Luftwaffe Experten board with very favourable comment I recall

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Heinkel-He-219-Research/dp/B00A3VO84U

The one major thing to support Kagero is that they do have plenty of photo coverage. Usually, photos don't lie. Their three view plans are also very good. However, things really begin to come off the rails with supporting text and profiles. I have seen instances where the type identified in the caption not supporting the profile. So, which is correct? Right caption and wrong profile or wrong caption and right profile? Or,... both wrong!!!

As to the Ferguson Research Paper book, there is lots of information within, so not a bad title for a reference library. I have supported the book with photos.

I can't comment on the Valiant Wings book, not having seen it.

Mark Proulx

The Valiant Wings book is a good start.  Not as detailed as the Kagero volumes, but covers quite a bit.  I have come to like their style of writing and have picked up several different volumes.   The ZM Concept note is not bad either, focuses on the plastic but still has quite a bit of information.  Not sure if it is still in publication. 

Paul