MustangManiac

Tamiya 1/32 Nakajima A6M2 finished 6-13-17

Thanks Mirek,

One question about your post, did you mean to put Mitsubishi in there somewhere since you mentioned the wheel wells twice with two different colors for them?

Thanks,

Brady

I apologize for my terrible english. :doh:

Nakajima:

• wheell wells in "Aotake"
  • covers of landing gear in the same color as the lower camouflage, but two small pieces of covers of landing gears under the fuselage in the "Aotake"

Mitsubishi:

• wheell wells and covers of landing gear in the same color as the lower camouflage

Mirek

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update. I heard back from Randy tonight and he's been really busy with his daytime job so hasn't had time to look at my email with the photos in it yet, but he said he'd loon at them tomorrow night when he had more time.

Brady

Hi Brady,

I found some informations in the book bellow (page 32 and 47), which can help you. There is a possibly reconstruction pattern of the upper surface of Zeros. Probably nobody knows how exactly it looked.  :coolio:

I looking forward to next progress

Mirek

Camouflage%20a%20Markings%20_zpscpaech32

Zero_page%2047_up_zpsrgystjlh.png

Zero_page%2047_zps5r31rmxn.jpg

Zero_Page%2032_zpsbzv4951i.jpg

Edited by kuky76

Model Art Profile no.12, page 23

Zero_flekateacute_zpshjptqqg9.jpg

Text page 150

A6M2 of carrier Zuiho, in the Southern Pacific fronts, Oct. 1943

A6M2 of carrier Junyo, the Solomon Islands, Apr. 1943

A6M2 of carrier Hiyo, the Solomon, Apr. 1943

A6M2 of 652nd Naval Air Corps aboard of carrier Junyo, Battle of the Phillippine Sea, the 19th June 1944

Edited by kuky76

Thank you for the reference material kuky76. If you can translate Japanese writing, can you tell me what the subtitles under the photos in your previous post say? I'm just curious and don't have the book to scan and use the translation app on my phone with.

Thanks again,

Brady

Hi Brady

If you mean the last my post, the english text there is below the picture (text page 150). The book Model Art Profile no.12 contains only short english translation for some pictures.

Unfortunately I don´t have the book Camouflage and Markings of the INFin original, which I posted on 8th October. I downloaded it from website, so I can´t translate it.

Mirek

Hello everyone,

OK before I screw up here, I want to ask a color question. Who makes the most accurate Nakajima Gray-olive and Green colored paints? I thought I read somewhere that I wanted to use the Mr. Color 128 for the overall Grey-olive color to me it just doesn't look Olive enough though. Please tell me if there's something better (more accurate) for me to use for these two colors because I'm going to need both of them. I'm pretty confident that I can't use the suggestions in the Tamiya instruction manual because they're all Mitsubishi birds.

Thanks,

Brady

Do I want to use Mr Color #56 IJN Nakajima Gray-Green instead? I'm guessing I want Mr. Color #129 IJN Nakajima dark green for the mottling pattern. Which colors sound right to any Zero experts?

Brady

Hi Brady

I don´t know, which color of Gunze C you should be use, because I usually painted by Tamiya acrylic colour. You can compare Gunze C with colour chips bellow.

source: http://j-aircraft.com/research/gregspringer/wem-review/wem-review.htm

Photo%202%20WEM%20gray-green%20and%20kha

Somewhere I found this mix: C60 (RLM02) 50% + C336 (Hemp) 50% plus little bit C1 (White) 

The

Mirek

Edited by kuky76

Great work on the engine cowling, and it looks like you're really going out of your way to match the paint perfectly.  Can't wait to see it all together and painted

Matt  :frantic:

Hello everyone,

I'm back with what I've been able to find on the available Nakajima exterior colors I need and found one that kind of makes me wonder if it fits the best grey to use without having to mess with the mixing of paints. I found a picture here in a review of an entire set of the Colourcoats paints. The one I'm considering is labeled #17 in the picture and is labeled as being Nakajima Aber Grey (Amerio). Here's the review:  

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/accessories/wejapanw2.htm

What do you guys think is it right for a Nakajima exterior color? The #2 jar in that same picture of the review is actually Nakajima Navy Grey, not just IJN Aircraft Navy Grey like it's labeled in the review. Which one is better for what we want to do here before we start? The crazy part about it is Hasegawa suggests Mr.Color 128 for the grey in the instructions for their 1/48 scale model of this bird.

These are the colors that I have and was considering originally using:

IMG_20151027_125354_152_zps6e9jgofz.jpg

Left to right

Grey-green
Dark Green - Nakajima IJN
Nakajima cockpit color
J.A. Grey

The sad part is I'd say that the cockpit color is the closest to what I want.

Give me all your input please.

Thanks,
Brady