Rocket armed Mosquitoes- pylon question

BloorwestSiR

Bob MDC is probably not going to thank me for letting you all know that I supplied him all the info to produce the guard rail. If there's enough interest he may well go for it.

SORRY BOB!

Well, I could certainly use those on my build so I guess I better start asking :)

Bob, if you're thinking of doing the guard rails, can you do the duplex rocket mounts as well?

Thanks,

Carl

Bob MDC is probably not going to thank me for letting you all know that I supplied him all the info to produce the guard rail. If there's enough interest he may well go for it.

SORRY BOB!

The only aircraft I would be interested in doing would be a 404 Sqd RCAF FB.VI of the Banff Strike Wing. If these parts were produced I would but the kit.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the pylons and rockets,

Pylons are ready and the rockets should be ready shortly

Banff Wing part,s looking at the feasibility but pretty positive getting the clips 3D printed then the rest is straight forward.

Thanks  to Dave T Brown for the great info.

A bit of a" got to do thing" as one of my friends father flew in the Banff Wing so it gives it a different  view on the project.

So as soon as the beast appears (about £159) in my local shop

ATB

Bob

• 6 months later...
Guest Smitty44

Resurrecting this old thread. So has there been any new news on stuff for Banff Mossies. I emailed MDC  longer than a week ago and have not heard back, but perhaps he will be around here. Thanks, hope your having a splendid weekend!

Edited by Smitty44

I'm keeping my eyes open for them as well.  I've got some Avieology 404 sq. decals that need those types of rockets.  I think 404 was part of the Banff strike wing was it not?  I'm not up on the Mossie but I think I'm remembering it right.

Edited by Juggernut

Guest Smitty44

I'm keeping my eyes open for them as well.  I've got some Avieology 404 sq. decals that need those types of rockets.  I think 404 was part of the Banff strike wing was it not?  I'm not up on the Mossie but I think I'm remembering it right.

Ya I believe they were. I am no Mossie expert either, but trying to learn. I know there were a couple set ups for rockets on Coastal Command Mosquitos just have to figure out which one for what aircraft, etc. I was eyeballing the Xtradecal set.

are there any pictures of MDC's Mossie stuff?

I realise one orders direct rather than via their website, but there are no mossie pics on there (that i could see), and if i can't see it, i can't buy it...

Guest Smitty44

We are working on this project but waiting on the clips between the top and bottom rail, we are upgrading all our rockets (thanks Tim) so as soon as we have something

it will be on LSP first.

Bob 

Thanks Bob!!