Rocket armed Mosquitoes- pylon question

BloorwestSiR

So on my current FB VI Mossie build, I'm planning to do one with the underwing 60lb rockets. I have the Aerobonus ones enroute to me buy I've noticed they don't include the pylons.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be used? I think someone mentioned using pylons from a P-51, would they work? Or would ones from a Typhoon be better?

Lastly, any one have any measurements on where they go?

Thanks

Carl

Anthony has sent me a load of stuff with the intention of 3D printing some, so I'll have a look at this over the week end.  Does this mean the Tamiya kit doesn't include rockets and rails?

Here are some of the rockets I designed for my Swordfish....

DSCN0679.jpg

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

Hi Tim,

Great looking rockets you have there.

You're correct in that the Tamiya kit does not have rockets in it. There also doesn't appear to be any flashed over holes in the lower wing for mounting them either.

I'll wait to see what you come up with and if they work, do you Anthony will be making them for other members to buy?

Carl

Well, the Tamiya kit doesn't have rockets..... I'm amazed!!!

Tim

Yep, that is very surprising, though the earlier test shots gave no indication they would be, as far as I recall. MDC does some cool rockets that would work though, as do a few others.

Mosquito FB VI's have type specific rocket rail mounting stubs. No other Pylon type, as they are refered to on the first post on this thread, will be anything like the ones used on the Mosquito. 

I'm pretty sure Bob at MDC is in the process of casting some Mosquito specific rocket, rocket rail & mounting stub ( Pylon) sets.

I'll say it again; I am frankly stunned the Tamiya kit doesn't include rockets and rails. can you imagine a Phantom kit without Sparrows, or a Stuka without a big bomb under its belly?

I'd personally be a bit leary of resin cast rails, I would worry they wouldn't stay arrow-straight. Unless they could be overmoulded piano wire or something similar. I'd be happier with metal rails myself. My rockets are made from stainless hypodermic needle stock, for exactly this reason.

Tim

Hi,

We are working on the stubs should be available in a week or so and the complete set with Mk3 rails a bit after that.

Bob

MDC

... So the Typhoon ones wouldn't work then, Bob? ... I was playing around with that idea.

Where would we get the finished product, since MDC isn't operating any more?

Rog :)