Darren Howie

Paging Paul the canopy master.

G'day Paul,

Just a quick post dealing to your canopy expertise.

I am unsure if you are aware but you probably are at the excellent market that exists for replacement canopies in 32nd for several good base kits.

One of Trumpeters weakness's on quite a few of there releases is poorly shaped canopies.

In the past Zactoman had done a rather good Su-27 Canopy replacement out of a heavy grade vac plastic which sold for quite a bit more than your Crusader canopy.

Given how good your Crusader canopy is I think there is a great market here for you to make some money.

Ebay still gathers big prices between 50-75 dollars for replacement F-105 canopies..Zacto is out of the canopy business leaving you as the main man with the skill to do this stuff.

Here is a list of kits which although good starting points and having sold in good numbers need new correctly shaped/dimensioned replacement canopies.

Here we go.

A-10

F-105D

F-105G

A-7D

A-7E

Su-27 Single seaters

P-47 Front windscreen.

Harrier series

Lightning (oh please we need a good canopy for this!)

Instant market and based off your Crusader one would be an instant hit with I have no idea how many people who bought the kits and would love a drop or easy replacement.

Right now you are the only guy with the skills to do replacement resin canopies for these kits which would benefit greatly and for a lot of people be the only thing they may look at adding.

Anyway great work on everything so far and if anyone has a 32nd kit to add to the list feel free to add it on.

Cheers

Dazz 

There are quite a few kits that atleast need windshields !.........Harv

I'd need a canopy set (including windscreen!) for a F-105D, a F-105G, and a windscreen for a Su-27UB.

And possibly for a A-10, but i dont really know as i have the Squadron vac, but i dont know if it fit well or not.

Edited by Zero77

Hi Guys, 

Interesting idea Dazz, I have to look into it, the amount of work it takes to get a final master and molds to cast the clear stuff  is mind boggling, but as you've pointed out,many of these kits are lurking in stashes all over just waiting for the inspiration to get building.

I will do some head scratching and look at some stuff, anybody with an examples of the kit parts that needs fixing and a good critique of same , please post.The more I know,the more I can figure out if I can do it.

Many thanks for the suggestion, 

Paul

Hey Guys,   IF Paul with do this it would be great.    I do want to mention that the F-105 canopy fix involves a major reworking of the forward fuselage,  dash, and instrument panel.   Trumpy made the panel to tall and that pushed up the dash, which widened the forward fuselage.    At least with this set it is not the simple matter of just adding a different shaped canopy and wind screen, it involves the Forward fuselage,  Canopy, and rear deck behind the canopy.    The old CE set is usable only by someone with great scratch building skills and it lacks all of the internal details of a  frame or structure.

Paul,   I have done some work on this but am not close to finishing up the Thud canopy anytime soon.   IF you want to do this I will be happy to share what I have done.

Gary 

Very glad your at least interested Paul.

Figure you could sell them for quite a bit more than your Crusader canopy and still sell plenty to cover your investment in time and skill.

I'm sure the amount of work is quite massive but with many of these kits in stashes it might prove a winner.

Based off the quality of your resin work I know I will be queuing up for whatever else you do.

Cheers

Dazz