How to destroy an expensive kit with just a few cuts - or: Prowler&#33

Starfighter

I stumbled onto this thread nearly 4 hours ago...with in-progress threads I usually mumble to myself "That's nice" and fast forward to the end of thread to see the final results...

I read every single post in this thread. You answered technique questions I've been trying to answer for years. This thread has actually motivated me to take the rest of the day off and hit the workbench.

I've seen some incredible work in my day - John Vojech, Derek Brown, and Alex DeLeon's IPMS Nationals winners, and countless others here, on FB, and other sites....

This model, this project, ranks in my top 5 of all time... the scope of work, attention to detail, and precision of the build are simply stunning.

Wow...all I can say is wow....

Jeff

Most of the brighter areas represent touch ups; these are done free hand by airbrush. Sometimes, I mask off individual panels with Post Its or something similar and spray along the edges with a brightened base colour. I think there should be a pic of it a few pages back!

Thx! I recently ordered an Olympos MP-200C for the really fine stuff, hopefully I can get the kind of result you do.

Cheers,

Marcel

Your comments made my day, thank you all very much! The Prowler itself is finished now and has survived its first show and contest; I will of course show you some photos in the RFI section soon. There will be a carrier section to put the Prowler on in the future. I am still collecting information about the Kitty Haw section I'd like to build, but it's pretty difficult to get what I need. I'll keep you posted! 

Olivier, I sadly have missed you again at the show - some friends from Austria and Germany visited the show and I spent most of the time with them, I didn't even really have the time to check out all the models. I've had a close look at your B-25 though - it is absolutely gorgeous, huge congratulations! Hope we'll meet in person next time!

Wow!  The only reason I've missed this build up until now is that I'm not a Prowler fan, but I LOVE this build!  The weathering is heavy yet very realistic and those figures!  I don't recall seeing better ones.  The rest of the build is awesome too, like your canopy glass.  :goodjob:

Cheers,

Chuck

Wow!  The only reason I've missed this build up until now is that I'm not a Prowler fan...

Cheers,

Chuck

No worries, Chuck, we all have our weaknesses...

Me, I'm a big fan of all things US Navy (well, the jets that is...) and this Prowler is just terriffic. Great work, Ben. I really have to try to visit one of the shows in Belgium one day. It's not that far, after all.

Cheers

Rainer

Olivier, I sadly have missed you again at the show - some friends from Austria and Germany visited the show and I spent most of the time with them, I didn't even really have the time to check out all the models. I've had a close look at your B-25 though - it is absolutely gorgeous, huge congratulations! Hope we'll meet in person next time!

I wanted to meet you as well, But Stubske has been so busy all day that we couldn't even talk to each other either :)

I must say I had to compromize the visit as I promised my wife to go hunting for X-mas tree during the afternoon and I even missed the price giveaway.

Congratulation on taking gold, it was very well deserved It's a gorgeous model which attracted a lot of attention.

I'm sure we'll bump into each other soon enough :)