How to destroy an expensive kit with just a few cuts - or: Prowler&#33

Starfighter

Thank you Gentlemen! :) I'm doing my best to finish on time. I have built the ICAP II antennas yesterday and I definitely have to start on the seats soon - maybe I'll do this today. 

Rainer, the standing guy is indeed from Reedoak - they are awesome. I have some more of them. Still hoping he'll do a modern US Navy jet jockey soon.

Here comes the jockey. Body from PJ, arms from Master Details (slightly modified), home made head (Warriors face w/ Tamiya-HGU-55P). Seat cushion has been modified as well. This will be more difficult on the ones with cast-on harness...

IMG_0507.jpg

Pilot & seat primered:

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Go Ben go!

I admire your fortitude and determination. In recent weeks, you have really picked up the pace. I hope you make your contest deadline.

Regardless, you'll soon enough have this (museum worthy) masterpiece complete.

I'm cheering you on...all the way to the finish line!

Rich

Ben, I saw your question about the maintenance guy on the platform. Go with green. The way you've got the pilot pointing, he could very easily be pointing something out to the young mech. AND, with the open engine door, it makes it look much more believable! Have witnessed it plenty of times myself... just make sure you have the correct markings on the cranial--5E would be appropriate for an electrician and the 5 goes with the 500 series modex for a Prowler squadron. I'll have to see if I can get you a good pic of the markings for the aviator's helmet...

Keep up the great work!

Peter

Wow, I remember putting a PJ next to a Masterdetail pilot.

The MD pilot was huge compared to the PJ one. Cobining the two is daring, I guess you needed a long arm :)

I didn't know about the warrior heads, they seem pretty good

Great work

You are right, the PJ guy is rather small in comparison - but hey, not all aircrew have the same size! ;).

187.jpg

No big problem about the arm, though - I always try to check proportions by mimicking them myself and this one works fine and feels natural. Regarding the head, just to avoid any misunderstanding - this is a Warriors head combined with a Tamiya helmet, not a readily available item from Warriors. But you are right, the Warriors head itself is very nicely done.

Go Ben go!

I admire your fortitude and determination. In recent weeks, you have really picked up the pace. I hope you make your contest deadline.

Regardless, you'll soon enough have this (museum worthy) masterpiece complete.

I'm cheering you on...all the way to the finish line!

Rich

Thank you very much for your encouraging words, Rich. I am eagerly awaiting your conversion and hope we'll see some more in-progress pics of your stunning EA-6A soon! :)

Ben, I saw your question about the maintenance guy on the platform. Go with green. The way you've got the pilot pointing, he could very easily be pointing something out to the young mech. AND, with the open engine door, it makes it look much more believable! Have witnessed it plenty of times myself... just make sure you have the correct markings on the cranial--5E would be appropriate for an electrician and the 5 goes with the 500 series modex for a Prowler squadron. I'll have to see if I can get you a good pic of the markings for the aviator's helmet...

Keep up the great work!

Peter

Thank you very much for your feedback, Peter! Most interesting intel about the helmet markings as well - I was always asking myself what they stand for, now I get the idea. Do the different letter colours on the helmets have a special meaning as well? Pics are more than welcome of course!

By the way, here is the (crappy) pic showing what I'd like to do:

IMG_0521.jpg

And I've found the proof that it actually happens on my computer! :)

ea6b-375b.jpg

Regarding the head, just to avoid any misunderstanding - this is a Warriors head combined with a Tamiya helmet, not a readily available item from Warriors. But you are right, the Warriors head itself is very nicely done.

Thank you for the clarification, I didn't realise that.

It is even more interesting as I have hardly seen an empty helmet fitting a resin head? You mention tamiya, can I ask from what model is that helmet from? 

Many thanks