Tamiya Mossie is out!

BloorwestSiR

Tamiya not only know how to make great kits, they bag &  box them up superbly as well.

Certain German manufacturers could learn from this.

No names mentioned, but it's an anagram of - general mover fly.

I'm sure they'd oblige you for £145 for, say, a Ju 88. Maybe they ought to do special editions at 3-4 times the price for those that like collecting "kitsets". Personally, I'd rather pay £60 and get it in a plain brown box with instructions to be downloaded from a website.

I have an FB.VI on pre-order with a 256 Sqn example in mind, but am hoping, eventually, for an NF.XVII/XIX bullnose night fighter from somebody.

Tony

Mine should arrive just before Santa.

Serves me right for opting for $2 surface shipping. Bloody skinflint.

Not really......I chose that same 2 USD shipping option. Why not? I sure won't be starting it right away anyway.......and as you said, at this point, the quicker it gets here, the quicker it's added to my stash.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Hi Carl,

I was scrolling through your images and noticed the way the front fuselage section is molded on it's own sprue so began thinking that Tamiya might indeed bring us a glass nosed version. Then......

IMG_20150626_153449.jpg

B Mk.IV anyone?

Carl

you posted this!

Yaay! :yahoo:

It looks very encouraging  indeed.

Thanks for sharing the images and enjoy your build. I hope you find time to share your progress here.

Cheers

Kagemusha was asking about the lower wing and if there were provisions for rockets. I took a pic of the inside and there are a number of small depressions:

IMG_20150628_113905.jpg

Two are deeper than the rest and have an arrow beside them. I think these correspond to where the slipper tanks would go. As for the rest, I'm not so sure.

Carl

Another view showing all the various "holes". They're not ejector pin marks as those are the larger circles.

IMG_20150628_113947.jpg

Without drudging through my references to be sure, I don't see provisions for the requisite four per side rockets here. No matter though, as I have a great set of Paragon rockets and rails that could be pressed into service, should the need arise.