Tamiya Mossie is out!

BloorwestSiR

I suspect mine is in a Chinese warehouse.

In a weeks time, it will probably be bobbing along the South China Sea, heading to Wales at around 15 knots, as befits a $2 shipping charge.

At 12,000 miles, a non-stop 31 day transit would be required. Assuming it stops a few times, 2-3 months maybe?

Gives me time to look at a few builds on here & for some AM to be developed.

I have a space in the stash reserved for it.

Thanks for the additional images Carl.

Don't know if you have seen this?

This review has me salivating. The parts look so good. I sincerely hope that Tamiya sell many of these (though not so many that release of a glass nosed variant is delayed :whistle: ) and we see loads of builds on the various forums.

I also liked that the reviewer included his trained aphid, "Alfie", to make an appearance at 14:53. It almost stole the show. ^_^

I find myself wondering just how long it will take Tamiya to bring us other variants. Can anyone remember how long it took Tamiya to release the MkXVI Spitfire after the original Mk IX?

Also, I suspect we may have to pay a little more for the glass nosed version. Will there be more parts required for the interior of the glass nosed bomb aimer position or do folk think that this will be offset by the lack of machine gun/cannon parts? Curious minds want to know..... :hmmm:

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer

I find myself wondering just how long it will take Tamiya to bring us other variants. Can anyone remember how long it took Tamiya to release the MkXVI Spitfire after the original Mk IX?

I dont remember exacting dates, but I seem to recall Tam releasing new variants within a year, and new kits every other year?      Could  be wrong

Thanks guys. It certainly did n't seem to be too long from what I remembered and you've confirmed my thoughts.

At the rate this year is flying by I'd better start putting some coins away in my piggy bank or I won't be able to afford one when the bomber variant is launched.

:)

lol ... Beached Az, Bro!

Rog :)

The

Lol that is funny guys actually I am in Brisbane at the moment for work and my wife just messaged me saying there is a box arrive from Tamiya... How will I cope with the wait...lol

I am at the convention centre and am going to go for a walk in search for a model shop and magazine shop if possible after lunch

Hi

Well mine arrived by postie from toronto a day ago.

I am gambling on that the tamiya will probably sell out, and either they release a bomber version in the next year,

or the price of the HK mossie drops enough for me to justify buying it

P.S, the tamiya model is amazing :)

cheers

jerry