Tamiya Mossie is out!

BloorwestSiR

Hey Jen, yes good spotting mate.  That was something that was made clear to Tamiya during their kit development. Since they spent a lot of time measuring KA114 we needed to be sure they didnt drag any Canadian differences into their tooling. 

Without drudging through my references to be sure, I don't see provisions for the requisite four per side rockets here. No matter though, as I have a great set of Paragon rockets and rails that could be pressed into service, should the need arise.

It certainly doesn't look like it, especially when compared to the Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito instructions, so maybe this is the only Mk.VI boxing Tamiya will release, with hopefully a Mk.IV to follow.

I also have the Paragon rocket set, but did read on Hyper that an AM manufacturer was looking into producing a set.

Another view showing all the various "holes". They're not ejector pin marks as those are the larger circles.

IMG_20150628_113947.jpg

I wonder if these sink holes have something to do with a post-moulding shape integrity jig, to avoid warping of cooling plastic ?

The only "holes" that make sense are those which might correspond to NF wing antennae, which represent a fraction of what's there.

Looking forward to getting one of these and starting a very slow build while things on the WIP shelf make further progress

Tony

If you note in the Eagle Editions sub forum below, they have two sheets coming out for the FB MK VI. Eight schemes in all. Three profiles showcased on the EE site at this time, though all are completed. Currently, three scales planned but a 1/24th scale sheet is very likely. Choices for the large Airfix kit still to be determined.

Mark Proulx

Just thought I should add a couple more pics of the PE sheets and the decals.

The decal sheet includes a map and rank insignia for the crew. Haven't seen that before.

IMG_20150630_233112.jpg

Here are the two PE sheets.

Sheet A

IMG_20150630_225051.jpg

Sheet B

IMG_20150630_225137.jpg

Take care in removing them from the box as the bag they're in is glued into the box.

Carl