1/32 Bristol Blenheim

onosendai

Our Eden 3d printers work at 16 microns on HQ settings, and 25 ( I think...)on Quick setting, but the actual quality of the model is dependant on a lot more than just the layer thickness! A lot of the SLA type machines could actually build at any thickness layers, within reason, provided they have sufficient control over the platform positioning and exposure controls.

I am lucky to get to use several of these technologies as part of my work, but even after a decade and a half, if I was spending my own money, I would still get a CNC machine; far more accurate, flexible, more useful overall.

I'll qualify that by saying some emerging technologies that look very interesting, and the wax master route is an excellent one for sculptural work. There are so many ways to slice this salami, most 3d 'making' processes have their uses. The trick is to find something that works for you.

Edited by wunwinglow

Our Eden 3d printers work at 16 microns on HQ settings, and 25 ( I think...)on Quick setting, but the actual quality of the model is dependant on a lot more than just the layer thickness! A lot of the SLA type machines could actually build at any thickness layers, within reason, provided they have sufficient control over the platform positioning and exposure controls.

I am lucky to get to use several of these technologies as part of my work, but even after a decade and a half, if I was spending my own money, I would still get a CNC machine; far more accurate, flexible, more useful overall.

Sorry, my bad ... I mixed-up SLA and FDM ... Whereas the claims of 50 microns for FDM is still to be practically demonstrated, the 30 one (or less) for SLA is already a reality ...

Hubert

PS: Tim, have you any contacts within Envisiontec ? I am still waiting (8 weeks on ...) a return on my query on their site for a discussion and quote ... :(

Some more information;

First thank you for your interest. 
Wings, fuselage, tails will be in plastic
All other details are in SLA resin. This is not the usual resin used for kits but a photosensible resin used for 3D printing.
We use the one with a laser.  
We are looking now if we can achieve the same level of detail with resin than with photoetching. So perhaps the kit will have no metal parts.  

We will launch our first kit during August. It is the RollsRoyce kestrel Engine, scale 1/8. The Blenheim is more costly to produce and I am waiting to see the number of people interested before going ahead. All 3D modeling is completed.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions, 

Best regards,

Benoit de Mulder 

I've subscribed to Avialogs for some years because the detail that you get in their manuals, especially the American ones is really useful, so I wish them every success in their new venture. Whilst not being directly interested in a Blenheim or Bolingbroke per se, I live in hopes that it may lead to future types otherwise not available in our scale such as, dare I say, an Anson or a Battle.

Max

He also just registered on LSP today, so I hope he finds the time to post here too.

Kev

I sent him a link to the thread, so fingers crossed...

Just paid the deposit, so fingers crossed, toes too...

I sent him a link to the thread, so fingers crossed...

Just paid the deposit, so fingers crossed, toes too...

Hello, 

I am the founder of Avialogs & AviaReplica.

Some feedback about the resolution, 30 microns is the layer resolution. Not the resolution on x,y or z axis.

As I wrote on Britmodeller forum, AviaReplica is a new venture and I hope you will like our first kit (the RollsRoyce Kestrel Engine, 1/8) planned for august. 

I plan to use feedback from this kit to get everything right with the Blenheim/Boly

I will use this thread to post photos of prototyping as soon I have some of them. 

Thank you to support this project ! 

Benoit

Hello, 

I am the founder of Avialogs & AviaReplica.

Some feedback about the resolution, 30 microns is the layer resolution. Not the resolution on x,y or z axis.

As I wrote on Britmodeller forum, AviaReplica is a new venture and I hope you will like our first kit (the RollsRoyce Kestrel Engine, 1/8) planned for august. 

I plan to use feedback from this kit to get everything right with the Blenheim/Boly

I will use this thread to post photos of prototyping as soon I have some of them. 

Thank you to support this project ! 

Benoit

Welcome aboard, Benoit!

:post1:

We wish you well with your venture, and hope that you're able to bring it to fruition. Please share what you can with us, as this always helps to allay the fears of doubters and sceptics (who have a right to be so at this early stage). Rest assured that you will have an eager audience here!

Kev