NATO's LanceR- Finale! 9/29/2020

chukw

Thanks, gents!  The good news is that we are in our new home on Whidbey Island, Washington, USA- and things getting settled in.  The storage pod in which the MiG (and lots of other stuff) is on it's way to nearby Everett, on the mainland.   Once it gets in we can have a local moving company bring it all over and I can get back to modeling!   In the meantime, I will soon review a new product that will make a lot of folks on this site happy- so stay tuned! 

Awww Man...Whidbey Island?!?! Put that in the "Make the others jealous" thread.... "Just moved to the beautiful Pacific Northwest!"

Mmmmmm....salmon....crab....Puget Sound oysters....great...now I'm hungry.

Why the move? health? Employer? Military? Family? Originally from there? From what part of the country did thou leave behind?

Would like to move there. Wife wants warm, AZ/NM...I want the Sea/Tac area.

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Hartmann352

Hi, Dave- My wife's brother and his wife live here, and we're all great friends.   I have plenty of friends in the Seattle area as well.  I'm working freelance from home, and my wife is a pediatric physical therapist.  She can find a job most anywhere, and did get one here, before we even moved.  We'd been thinking of moving in 5 years or so.  The real estate market made the decision for us to go now- it was too high in CA to not sell, and we found a place here we love. One step closer to retirement- and now we have more stamina to do a big move as well.  The pluses just kept adding up, and here we are.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for waiting, guys!   :)

Kapitan Andrea and I are back in gear! The move went well, and we're adapting to our new lives in a new home and anew place.  I won't say it was entirely easy, but we've persevered. I was able to get back to the bench in early December, but this is the first time I've been ready to post again- read on!  

MiG21_027.jpg

MiG21_028.jpg

MiG21_029.jpg

MiG21_030.jpg

MiG21_031.jpg

MiG21_032.jpg

MiG21_033.jpg

MiG21_034.jpg

MiG21_035.jpg

MiG21_036.jpg

Many thanks, my friends!  You are too kind to this toiler of the vineyards.  ;)

Main wells: in!  Bottom wing: on!  Time fill the seams on that latter, and whatever else I can sneak in today.

Side notes:  Those grooves in the wing were for a fiber-optic lit version that was never produced.  That also explains some odd moldings on the two fuselage bulkheads.  There is also a bulkhead to close off the cockpit front included on the clear parts sprue! It's not mentioned in the instructions- a friend pointed that out to me.  

Cheers!

chuk

• 2 weeks later...