Review: HK Models Mosquito B Mk IV Series II

LSP_Kevin

HK is doing two-stage Merlins, I PROMISE!  That's the reason they re-designed the upper cowling/wing interface.  The test shots had that molded in with the upper wing, which would be incorrect for the two-stage cowlings.

You can dispense with the idea of buying those resin blobs that were shown on HS the other day.  I can't believe anyone would try to sell stuff like that in 2015.

Those ones on HS were 1/48 anyway.

Excellent review Kevin!.....was on the fence, but seeing the pix and your text pushed  me over the edge...."ensconced"...good word....;)  

The HK Mossie.....the KH P-39, Kingfisher & the RF-84....there goes the kit budget for 2015....no wait, I'm single....can spend as much as I want!

BTW...any release dates on the P-39/Kingfisher & RF-84 yet?.....safe bet the Mossie will be in the states fairly shortly....

Cheers,

Jim

Having read some comments on here that Neil from HK models is having some family issues currently, does that mean that all other projects are stalled for now?

I'd hoped that the other Mossie versions like the PR wouldn't be too far down the line, perhaps Tamiya will get there first now?

Anyway, I find the tooling solutions for the kit very interesting and will be giving this kit some priority in the future build list!

Great review Kevin;

Now - we only have a few more weeks to wait for the new Mk IV EagleCals!

http://www.eagle-editions.com/eaglecals-218.html

Our site does state in stock, but will not be here until mid July.

Place your order now, we ship based on date order received!

Don't forget, our F8 EagleCals will be available at the same time:

http://www.eagle-editions.com/eaglecals-165-fw-190-fs.html

http://www.eagle-editions.com/eaglecals-166-fw-190-fs-and-a-9.html

Happy modeling,

Judy and Team Eagle Editions

Guest Clunkmeister

Nice review Kevin.

As I've done before with the FW-189, I've waited for your review to be sure, and now I know it will be worth the wait.

Like others here, I believe that the "natural" Mossie is the glass nosed, smooth bottomed bomber. The fighter is nice, but the bomber is my girl.

I am very impressed by the way the designed the one-piece wing and the fuselage!

Dry-fit looks good, so this design promises an easy build without the risk of misaligning the large parts and eleminating the need to putty and sand long seams in well-visible locations! All thumbs up! Looks like pure modelling joy! Thank you HK!

Regards

- dutik

Great review Kev.

I'm waiting for a two-stage Merlin and will, eventually, enjoy building the 300+ part HKM alongside the 700+ part Tamiya in the sure knowledge that the PR.XVI will be buttoned-up and finished in blue while the Tamiya "evolves" on the WIP shelf with the possibility of it outliving me.

Tony

Great review....

Just hope somebody steps up and does a 1/32 Highball conversion for this kit

Oh YES!!!! :D

I never thought of that, but it's a great idea!

Kev

More than great ... it's brilliant ... park it right alongside my 617 Lanc :D

Rog :)