otis252

A-10C Conversion/Correction Set?

I have a set of DM decals for my 1/32 hog, and it took me almost a year of patiently waiting for a pair to pop on ebay. I forget who made them, but if you'd like the name I can dig them out of the stash pile. My career existed right along with the A-10 since 1978-95.  I've always loved them.  My first tour at an actual air force base, we had OV-10, A-10 and CH-53s all on base, and just as I was leaving the EC-130H showed up. My arrival here at DM in 91 closed the circle on my career.  I got to fly in the 130 and listen to the sweet sound of the A-10s and then with the Bone Yard being just across the ramp, I got to see and hear a host of others over the years and to this day. You never know what's going to show up overhead at my house. I'm only about 2 miles from the runway. Coming home a week ago, I was almost at the end of the runway as a flight of Seymour Johnson F-15Es were circling for a landing and one went right over top of me.  Ok...I'm running at the mouth...er keyboard.

Thanks

Rick

I found them. I'd put them aside right in my computer desk.  The Manufacturer is Eagle Strike Productions, 2025 SW 22 Terrace, Miami, FL 33145.  The decal set is called "A-10 Warthogs".  The product/part number is 32027.  It has decals for 3 units:  NO/AFRES 77268 with tusks/teeth; DM 12th AF 79085; and  SP 820650 with Panther head tail flash and crew decal of Capt D. Seal Daniel and SSgt Franks along with some what appear to be flaming arrow tips or spear tips. The DM part has a lot of extra nice things, like the 354th Bulldogs decal, Pilot/DCC/OCC as Lt Gen Trapp (whom I met) DCC is SSGT J.C. SCHAB, ACC IS A1C M.A. WILKE.

Edited by thewizardofaz

Hey Gary, any news on the A-10C stuff? Hopefully there's some stuff still in the works, like the fix for the overly "bulged and rounded nose" and the new vents on the port side.

Chuck

The engine set will be first and I hope to have it out for Christmas.    IT will have a new intake with the fan in the correct location,   Fan,   and exhaust cone.      Price will be $35 for the complete set.   The Airframe will follow then the cockpit in 2016.         It will be a “C†cockpit.    The nose is undecided but I am planning Ailerons and other fixes, and perhaps a canopy frame to go with the Squadron canopy.    Still working out the details.

Thanks for the interest,  I am finally getting back to normal after the move.

Gary

Here's something to think about Gary. Instead of a complete new nose, maybe just a "plug in" piece that replaces the wrong vents on the port side of the nose. A replacement piece that could drop in once the section with the two old vents are cut out w/ PE vent screens. Looking forward to the rest of the stuff.

Chuck

Edited by otis252

On 6/20/2015 at 4:42 PM, ghatherly said:

Hey Guys,  GREAT SUGGESTION!!!!!!

DM would be great.  My congress lady was commander of the 354 FS there.  I keep trying to find out which particular aircraft was "hers" but so far no joy.

No 2 seater in the works.    The one seater A-10C will be out in the late fall with a  Full cockpit, all of the exterior dudas and sensors, antennas, etc,   and a complete engine set.    The engine set will have the intake section and the Exhaust section.  I also may do the wheel wells, wheels and tires.   As mentioned it will be a late fall release and will be part of a joint release with a new design A-10C decal set comprising of several squadrons.   May Be DM?

Post any other A-10 items you want included  and I will see what I a can do.

Gary