TimW

Apollo 16 Trans-Earth EVA Diorama project

Thanks!

Astronauts will be up next.  Leaving off the antenna array until the end--because if I put it on now I'll just break it off... still touching up to do on the CM and elsewhere, but a lot of the heavy lifting is done.  Also leaving off engine bell--easier to work with this thing without it on there right now.

Also found a stand from Polar Lights that I think will support all this plastic and resin.

BTW, anybody have ideas on where to get 1/32 astronaut space suit decals?  There's a site called JBOT that used to do them--but apparently the owner had a stroke in 2018 and isn't filling orders anymore.

I can't find anything anywhere else.

TW

A bit more progress.  Hatch and EVA camera installed, as well as the EVA light.  Probably should have thought of a way of LEDing the light, but oh well.

WMdK3k65_-wVnxncaf-ZXNwxkZVmmTpy2nWisucbAWDRI6BKI7KDSlY9iGcYYquukyhDHPitqNml2xB6YDY1NdQP8aGG_qjzfhICAgNKUTrR33wu4Lsou9hhxmZTsQLeK9OgXOChD-hYtFe3pFdoOTEb0-6XalAqbivVDLyY_dQgV13ha_hJbH2hEO2fD5q1O3ifI7h7LrDk3iZv3m8KodPKi20owbbrjooFFtFevGffVgJk3IxgCDrgS_anrN01sxZG6lyY4PFJP0ayii2qwHJ1HEfiO_9h1Wr9gLrCD215MMpbszN31LyYx47bAq_20__FziByWgiVQiLsEH2itfdLsZXLJVKtSDfGyLY4SKdZXo8yslCt0mdsjEcxap-mOJPSnjbhljkWUqXpaYizfHt3XTVJlR7lrnHZXCWvPcQbtv3yHKcT4vJX8akRSBVjoy8bDer9fNyHRy85YLcGFxUNitbgtKb8VAKAIi8F-Zw50lcpz5prWPIG0baSPaL1BSlY7MvYCfL1pLlOmOJ8RhqsOfk8OGxqYz8u7CSvkuR_eGk_8SiHWEZkB54UzWVM8gT_qAyxwMCbzjjo-t6WBkxDKmsbMndISgQeRDqw5lXBdyemCaS3XbiK-rjAdBlOc4_kHw3TnnVzDiCUzTOcapA_emt-Czc=w1625-h914-no

7 hours ago, TimW said:

A bit more progress.  Hatch and EVA camera installed, as well as the EVA light.  Probably should have thought of a way of LEDing the light, but oh well.

WMdK3k65_-wVnxncaf-ZXNwxkZVmmTpy2nWisucbAWDRI6BKI7KDSlY9iGcYYquukyhDHPitqNml2xB6YDY1NdQP8aGG_qjzfhICAgNKUTrR33wu4Lsou9hhxmZTsQLeK9OgXOChD-hYtFe3pFdoOTEb0-6XalAqbivVDLyY_dQgV13ha_hJbH2hEO2fD5q1O3ifI7h7LrDk3iZv3m8KodPKi20owbbrjooFFtFevGffVgJk3IxgCDrgS_anrN01sxZG6lyY4PFJP0ayii2qwHJ1HEfiO_9h1Wr9gLrCD215MMpbszN31LyYx47bAq_20__FziByWgiVQiLsEH2itfdLsZXLJVKtSDfGyLY4SKdZXo8yslCt0mdsjEcxap-mOJPSnjbhljkWUqXpaYizfHt3XTVJlR7lrnHZXCWvPcQbtv3yHKcT4vJX8akRSBVjoy8bDer9fNyHRy85YLcGFxUNitbgtKb8VAKAIi8F-Zw50lcpz5prWPIG0baSPaL1BSlY7MvYCfL1pLlOmOJ8RhqsOfk8OGxqYz8u7CSvkuR_eGk_8SiHWEZkB54UzWVM8gT_qAyxwMCbzjjo-t6WBkxDKmsbMndISgQeRDqw5lXBdyemCaS3XbiK-rjAdBlOc4_kHw3TnnVzDiCUzTOcapA_emt-Czc=w1625-h914-no

Hrmmmm, I can only see the "no access" blank picture, with a grey circle with a horizontal white line through it. 

Thanks.  That hatch was a real PITA to sand (the casting was a bit rough) and then paint.  the windows are that Crystal Kleer stuff--I couldn't manage with plastic that didn't look dirty or scuffed afterward.  there's an inner and outer window.

Next come the astronauts.

Edited by TimW