johncrow

Su-33 Sea Flanker

18 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Man, the Su-33 is just the prettiest airplane.   And your build does it a lot of justice.

Matt 

Thank you, Matt. I really like the look of the whole Flanker family. Early on in this build I had crazy dreams of also building an Su-35. At some point around year two or three in this build, I woke up and picked up a cheap KH 48th Su-35. But I'd really dig a 32nd Su-34 one day....

17 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice, those hinges look great

I appreciate that, Out2gtcha. I initially had plans of foiling the engine area as you did on your fantastic Flanker...but sadly giving up on that was one of the many concessions I have made just to get this thing done. But the next build...for sure. That just sets off the whole model for me. 

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I'm just hoping we get an IM sea Flanker in 32nd so I dont have to go to all the work you had to go through to get one!

:lol:

For sure!! I want one all folded up.....bet I can build it in a year!

jp

I think I'll pull this off. I got a flat coat on it, which toned down the camo; it looks much better. The elevons and canards are still not fully attached. I did manage to get the vertical stab reattached...full functionality was restored. I still have to attach the landing gear, weapons, and the various antennas. Or antennae, if you prefer. After removing the masking that had been in place for two years, I found that the cockpit suffered a bit more than I had hoped, and it needs some rehab. I thought "No matter, I'll just go closed canopy". Then realized my vac-formed windscreen does not match the main canopy in cross-section, so....canopy up it is. 

F19YFD.jpg

81IjpD.jpg

EGBTRV.jpg

Thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas.

jp

3 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That looks great, John!

Kev

Thank you, Kev, very much appreciated!

3 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

mate that's beautiful! I'd love to see this in the plastic, but sadly your not in Oz, so I shall have to make do with the pictures only.

Thanks a lot, Madhatter. I hope to make it to Australia one day...sadly no time soon though!

Man, that looks fantastic jp!

I've always loved a lot of the modern Russian jets, and the Flanker has  always been a favorite. I too would love a folded up IM Sea Flanker.

On 12/25/2018 at 12:46 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Man, that looks fantastic jp!

I've always loved a lot of the modern Russian jets, and the Flanker has  always been a favorite. I too would love a folded up IM Sea Flanker.

Thanks much, Brian...and an Su-34!