Su-33 Sea Flanker

johncrow

17 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice, those hinges look great

I appreciate that, Out2gtcha. I initially had plans of foiling the engine area as you did on your fantastic Flanker...but sadly giving up on that was one of the many concessions I have made just to get this thing done. But the next build...for sure. That just sets off the whole model for me. 

I think I'll pull this off. I got a flat coat on it, which toned down the camo; it looks much better. The elevons and canards are still not fully attached. I did manage to get the vertical stab reattached...full functionality was restored. I still have to attach the landing gear, weapons, and the various antennas. Or antennae, if you prefer. After removing the masking that had been in place for two years, I found that the cockpit suffered a bit more than I had hoped, and it needs some rehab. I thought "No matter, I'll just go closed canopy". Then realized my vac-formed windscreen does not match the main canopy in cross-section, so....canopy up it is. 

F19YFD.jpg

81IjpD.jpg

EGBTRV.jpg

Thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas.

jp

3 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That looks great, John!

Kev

Thank you, Kev, very much appreciated!

3 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

mate that's beautiful! I'd love to see this in the plastic, but sadly your not in Oz, so I shall have to make do with the pictures only.

Thanks a lot, Madhatter. I hope to make it to Australia one day...sadly no time soon though!