USAAF Italy 1944 Tamiya Spitfire mk 8.

Oh hell yes ! Lovely build. And thank you for NOT painting the pry bar in the door red ! Good pics too.....Harv :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :punk:

Just wanted to ask for the base til I scolled down. Nice work, congrats. Just 2 things I would fix are regarded to the base. I would put some pigments onto the surface to avoid that Impression of a "sealed" sandy surface and also put some more pigments on the running surface of the tires.

he guys

Thanks for the positive comments , maybe next build i will also post in the "work in progress" forum.

@ Kev , of course you van publish it on the website

@ ClumsyDude : the overall dust effect is done by misting Tamiya Flesh thinned with Tamiya Lacquer thinner over the complete surface , BUT very very diluted , about 95% thinner.
Misting in several layers, until you are happy with the result, I do that after putting on the decals, so they blend in

@ Urs , you are right , the base is not finished , still some work to do

For the exhaust stains, I have a simple way to do that:

First you spray a very diluted (yes, I use always Lacquer thinner and always very diluted) light grey over the area in a way that you see it but no more than that

then you take the Tamiya weathering sets A and E

For these light stains I use the lighter colours but essentially the light grey from set E, and with a small flat brush that gives you control

so now the area has to be really light and greyish (brush movements up and down, not horizontal)

spitfire-8-build-1-064_zpsyuywkptk.jpg

then you use the Tamiya brown panel line fluid (diluted with white spirit) not only for the panels lines but also on the stained area for disrupting the even finish

those 2 last steps are to be repeated until the result  is OK for you

easy but still time consuming

Jan

spitfire-8-build-1-066_zpsac4pzr4b.jpg

spitfire-8-build-1-046_zpsrvipfbv0.jpg

Edited by Jan Goormans