1/32 Trumpeter EE Lightning F.Mk.6 XS904

Derek B

Well I was just having my morning coffee and catch up on LSP when I saw you posted on here!

Derek, you are the master of coming up with great ideas, I love the foil on the parachute pack idea.  Looks perfect.  Do love seeing your work on here, really inspires me.  That seat's looking brilliant

Cheers mate

Anthony

6 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Well I was just having my morning coffee and catch up on LSP when I saw you posted on here!

Derek, you are the master of coming up with great ideas, I love the foil on the parachute pack idea.  Looks perfect.  Do love seeing your work on here, really inspires me.  That seat's looking brilliant

Cheers mate

Anthony

Thanks mate...just providing some inspiration for your cockpit build! lol :D

Derek

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Glad to see you back at this one, Derek! You might need to resize your images prior to uploading them, though, as they're massive, and take ages to load even on a fast connection.

Kev

Thanks Kev :)

I don't know how to resize them? (They are in Imgur and all I do is copy the direct link button?).

Cheers

Derek

Hi Derek,

They'll need to be reduced on your PC before you upload to Imgur - which also has the benefit that they'll take less time to upload!  :)

I'm having real problems with some threads now as people upload images at the same resolution they come off the camera - and it means I'm avoiding some threads as the images take sooooo long to load...

Iain

31 minutes ago, Iain said:

Hi Derek,

They'll need to be reduced on your PC before you upload to Imgur - which also has the benefit that they'll take less time to upload!  :)

I'm having real problems with some threads now as people upload images at the same resolution they come off the camera - and it means I'm avoiding some threads as the images take sooooo long to load...

Iain

Thanks Iain, I'll have to learn how to do that, as I am not that IT savvy and I don't really understand pixel  sizes?

Derek 

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Not going to be much of the kit seat left soon Derek!  Nice work 

As far as the seat interior is concerned Anthony, you are correct! :)

Derek

2 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Oooooh my kind of butchery! What’s happening here?

Well, it is known that there are quite a lot of errors with the Trumpeter Lightning kit, some minor, others, very major. One of those is the overall fuselage length, which is approximately 5 mm too short - this places the leading edge of the wing too far forward on the fuselage.

Another problem, which to me personally, is even worse than the lack of fuselage length is the ventral tank, which is the wrong shape, size and depth (it is too bulbous, making the aircraft look like a pregnant guppy). This, in turn, caused the main undercarriage to be too long, causing the model to sit too high and have have an incorrect stance. That is why I have removed the rear moulded-in section of the tank in an attempt to correct it (I have no real idea how at the moment - I'll figure that out when I get around to doing it).

The other main main issue, and the most difficult to correct, is the canopy and windscreen, which is incorrect in shape, position and detail. This is the one area which I shall not correct, as it would require far too much modification of the cockpit and forward fuselage to do so (I will try to correct this though on my own kit build). Other issues, which are correctable, are a too rounded wing root and leading edge (it also does not have the pronounced 'kink' at 1/4 span, so that will need adding), the rear fuselage is too 'pinched' at the jet pipes, and the internal intake trunk is, for some unknown reason, about 5 mm too short and does not mate up with the intake ring, leaving a gap. There are other issues, but these are the main ones to correct.

Derek