1/32 Trumpeter EE Lightning F.Mk.6 XS904

Derek B

I have been asked by one of our Lightning Preservation Group (LPG) members if I could make a model of one of the two EE Lightning F.Mk.6 aircraft, to which I have agreed.The specific aircraft is XS904 'BQ' which is an ex-11 Sqn RAF aircraft.

7577086904_13a24796c1_b_zps5w3u86cq.jpg

100_7259_zpswkldcimv.jpg

I have just received the kit today from Hannants, along with the necessary colours and 1/32 Xtradecal markings and serials for the task. The kit will be made strictly OOB otherwise it will never get finished! (since I started it, I had decided to make most of the required major corrections as far as possible without resorting to AM accessories).

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Guest Peterpools

DFerek

Looking forward to following along and enjoying a wonderful OOB build

Keep 'em coming

Peter

C'mon Derek, you can do it!

Kev

Well, as this is not my model, I'll have too! (I know exactly what you mean - nearly eleven years here and still not a single 1/32 model kit completed by me - that is the main reason that I took this task on in the first place).

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Hey Derek

I'm sure this'll get done. If it makes you feel any better, I've been here a couple of months longer than you and I still have yet to present anything finished... (that's really, really bad isn't it... :()

How long have they given you to do it in?

Matt

Hey Derek

I'm sure this'll get done. If it makes you feel any better, I've been here a couple of months longer than you and I still have yet to present anything finished... (that's really, really bad isn't it... :()

How long have they given you to do it in?

Matt

Thanks Matt, that makes me feel much better! :D

I did not promise a cpmpletion date, however, I really do want to get this one completed with a reasonable amount of time (months rather than lifespan!) :lol:

Derek

Ah, it couldn't get more British than a Lightning, I guess.

I remember them from my childhood when the RAF flew them, I believe from RAF Gütersloh. One of them made a big hole in the ground about 2000 m from my parents home right next to a major road. The pilot ejected safely if I remember correctly.

Good to see you building one, Derek.

Cheers

Rainer