1/32 Trumpeter EE Lightning F.Mk.6 XS904

Derek B

Thank you all for your continued encouragement and kind words.

Lower radome shock cone mounting extended in order to correct the forward position an allow me to drill the hole for the G.90 camera. The next stage will be fixing the final position of the shock cone itself into the intake, so that will be point of no return.

NzpCwhW.jpg

BkLgr5k.jpg

Whilst sanding and filling of the intake area continues, a start was made on the fuselage extension. looking at various drawings of the aircraft, an average calculation of 6.5 mm was arrived at for this extension. This was accomplished by measuring the fuselage shell (wall) thickness and finding some plastic sheet of a similar thickness and backing this with thinner plastic card. The sheets were cut into the correct sized strips and bent to match the fuselage shape, eventually being glued and superglued in place.

1X5NhJH.jpg

h4kLzZN.jpg

Test fit.

41Eb0Vn.jpg

ksV1qK5.jpg

Left (Port) side completed.

XeY6ynt.jpg

RH6sbJD.jpg

JVQTT96.jpg

dWeGANX.jpg

1RsqpWx.jpg

Right (Starboard) side in progress.

4tgh1i0.jpg

Derek

Thank you Maru. :)

Jet pipe reheat flame stabilisers fixed in place and jet pipes attached. meanwhile, shape correction of the jet pipe exhaust nozzle shrouds are taking place (the chamfered angle is too shallow as portrayed on the kit part).

Fw2UnuY.jpg

CXyB63S.jpg

ZxEwrzG.jpg

Derek

Reshaping of exhaust shrouds complete. As I had lost about a millimetre of material during the process, I had to reinstate it. Also, the kit exhaust nozzles when inserted into the shrouds were more or less flush with the ends - they should be set back inside a little. So the answer was to extend the shroud depth by about 2.5 mm. Unfortunately, I have not got any suitable diameter tubing to help me here and I was not convinced that wrapping plastic sheet around a mandrel would provide me the the seamless and concentric ring that I was looking for, so I had to do it the hard way from 3 mm thick plastic sheet!

SrwhQwa.jpg

921ux12.jpg

IkTSBUl.jpg

Mwn5cZo.jpg

NsU9kxX.jpg

O90EgLO.jpg

HY4L0In.jpg

j4xCDws.jpg

lomBSrn.jpg

Derek

Edited by Derek B