1/32 Trumpeter EE Lightning F.Mk.6 XS904

Derek B

3 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Hi Derek, have you seen this article?

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/lightning/lightning.htm

Cheers,  Rockie

Thanks Rockie, that is extremely aptly what I am looking for, but unfortunately, I do not have a photocopier and it would need to be 1/32 size or exactly 100% drawing size.

Many thanks 

Derek

A little more progression...

MGSNLNF.jpg

8k72DpM.jpg

I am also tinkering around with other kit parts as well in between working the cockpit parts. I am looking at the external vents and intakes, which are attached separately. These all require re-shaping, refining and 'fettling' in order to fit the kit correctly - here is an example of before and after:

GAkzdAN.jpg

Derek

On 5/18/2022 at 6:59 PM, Derek B said:

Quick ask for help here...can anyone spare (or copy) the Echelon 1/32 vacform EE lightning F.6 instruction and scale drawings/plans for me please? I need then to double check some accuracy issues and am also hoping that they will include a full scale 'true plan' of the ventral fin shapes?

Many thanks

Derek

Derek I have a set of drawings that were drawn by Stewart Hargrave in 1991, with the Echelon name on it, I will email you about it.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:50 PM, Ali62 said:

Derek I have a set of drawings that were drawn by Stewart Hargrave in 1991, with the Echelon name on it, I will email you about it.

Thank you Ali, I will be in contact.

Many thanks

Derek

Whilst I am working on the intake area, I noticed that the No.1 (lower) engine compressor face starter cone and support arms could do with a little rework. The six arms were 'straightened' to form a constant single angle and the edges were rounded. A little detail was also added to the starter cone.

a0Faq84.jpg

Still not 100% accurate, but an improvement nonetheless.

JpYI90O.jpg

Sometimes, drastic problems require drastic actions...Having corrected the internal gap between the intake ring and intake trunking, installing the AI radar shock cone with integral nose leg bay revealed that it was not concentric in the middle of the intake (it was slightly too low). I adjusted it so that it wasw concentric, it resulted in the front of the nose leg bay sitting too high in the fuselage. So the only option was to separate the radar shock cone from the nose leg bay in order to correct both issues.

kroYWcg.jpg

Stay tuned to see how it all works out...

Derek

Lovely efforts all the way around.  I know so little about this particular bird, however it has a major cult following.   Wishing you the best outcome. More importantly,  thanks for showing your excellent efforts with the LSP'e community.  

Troy 

Thank you all for your very kind words and encouragement, they help a lot and are much appreciated. I am probably my own worst enemy, as it is difficult for me not to fix or correct what to me are very obvious errors or problems, but I shall prevail! :)

Derek 

Edited by Derek B

Work on the seamless intake continues...

After sanding the inside of the intake at the compressor face, it needed to be made circular once more - this process enlarged the gap around the compressor disc, so a shim had to be made to make it less obvious.

vq3dgC7.jpg

N0u5zXG.jpg

WXCpzJI.jpg

Once the nose leg wheel bay was correctly positioned, it was glued in place in the intake. After filling and lots of internal sanding, the intake started to look seamless.

nLtjCdT.jpg

aHRO2bl.jpg

Getting there...

L2fBV5m.jpg

Intake ring re-attached and cockpit floor locating peg repaired/reinstated (I sanded half of it away when sanding the intake edges and removing the location pins).

aajmQvj.jpg

gcLkePN.jpg

The lower radar bullet support fairing is about 2 mm too far back, so I will extend it forward by making a 'shoe' which will fit over the front of the kit part (you can see the start of it below - it will also need to have the G90 gun camera installed on it).

n9fZNgm.jpg

Derek

Edited by Derek B