AFV Club: OH-58D Kiowa Warrior 1:35 scale

Elboogie

looking good Rich,

I just got figures and helmets in 1/35 scale from this guy while in France that does 3D work. I am blown away by the quality and the details of his products.

Look him up under Reedoak.com. You may want to add some helmets or pilots to your dio.

oliver

Hey oliver any chance u could post a few pics of the figure please? They look great on reedoak website but the photos arent very good.great build by the way elboogie Edited by zak

Hey oliver any chance u could post a few pics of the figure please? They look great on reedoak website but the photos arent very good.great build by the way elboogie

Thanks Zak

Richard

Hey oliver any chance u could post a few pics of the figure please? They look great on reedoak website but the photos arent very good.great build by the way elboogie

Hi

Not back just yet. I am in Vancouver. I will post photos of the pilot, flight crews and helmets as soon as I get home. The figures are simply amazing.

Oliver

Hi

Not back just yet. I am in Vancouver. I will post photos of the pilot, flight crews and helmets as soon as I get home. The figures are simply amazing.

Oliver

Thanks for the pictures, I will order some of the helmets from Reedoak.com and I will wait until you show pictures of the pilots.  I don't have the cash to order anything else until my next payday...

my wife has laid down the law......lol.

Richard

So the lamp above the map holder broke last night while I was attaching the cord to it.     :BANGHEAD2:

So I started over with the lamp and removed it.  I will build the lamp in a little while.  So I attached the fire extinguisher to the cockpit, and then I 

placed the lamp wire to its place:

20150617_193341_zpsjcrz27xs.jpg

I will build the lamp and then attach it to its wire in a little while.

Richard

On the opposite side that the fire extinguisher lies on, I added some boxes to the roof section.

On the Kiowa that I am looking at, It had some boxes in the upper roof area:

DSC_0254_zpsdybrorim1_zps3zb6kfvm.jpg

So i tried to replicate these boxes on my build:

20150617_204225_zpsxn0enmua.jpg

I think it looks alright.

Richard

I think I saw somewhere that these figures are people who have been 3D scanned, then 3D printed. If they've used the same person to scan, then evidently the technique is faithful enough that the figures look the same!

I'm a big fan of these, just waiting for my bonus so I can spring 30 euro on figures for my 1/48 carrier diorama!

Jim

If you arranged them correctly, it would look like one guy gearing up, sort of like stop frame photography.

Scale figures are always good to have to show relative sizes, and these look fantastic! :thumbsup:

Yes it looks right Rich..very nice.

Here are the helo figures in 1/35 scale.

48%20teste_zpsasu8b0tb.jpg

Thanks for the pictures of the helmets and the pilots.  My computer broke today, so it will be a little while before any updates will come through.

But I will use my wife's computer to add to the posting.  Thanks Oliver

Richard