KH P-39 Photos

Guest Peterpools

I am curious, though, that the linked page talks about the P-39Q with the single 0.50 cal machine guns in wing pods yet the model in the pics shows what appears to be the 4 0.30 cal guns. Or is this a kit you can change armaments?

-Ro

From the box it looks like a P-39N will be an option in the box, this had the integral wing guns.  Looking good, and as "Snooks 2nd" looks to be an option it certainly wins favour here at Recce SIG HQ.

Oh buy. I'm gonna be all over this one. A sadly underrepresented fighter of WW2, and one gat turned out to be one of the best Allied ground attack fighters of the war.

WW2 isn't my favorite era, but I'm gonna build several of these. My SH kit just might end up as a Christmas raffle prize...

Ground attack..? :(

Kit looks good, might get this one..

Interested to know what the other four markings options are. Would like to do a VVS example festooned with patriotic logos.

A P-39N/Q, plus an OV-10A, are coming back in my suitcase at the conclusion of the next holiday in the USA.

Tony

Oh bugger.

I was hoping this was not going to be very good, as I've 2 Special Hobby 1/32 P-39's in the stash.

It's even better than I anticipated & I'll just have to get one now.

In fact, it looks a bit Tamiya-ish.

Same here. One has to be able to ignore some new kit but I seems to be difficult to do with offerings from this company. I too have the same Special Hobby kits and... I have the Scratchbuilders kit from ancient times. I will eventually get one.

Rick

From what (little) you can tell, it looks nice, but what's the obsession with open panels that you *never* see opened on the real airplane?

Since I prefer my builds buttoned up, the extensive internal features actually detracts from the kit's appeal.  I'm even less enthusiastic about the intense riveting, which on the P-39 is almost imperceptible, as the photo demonstrates.

I understand that many expect such features in a 1/32 scale kit, but for me, sometimes less is more. 

Bell_P_39_Airacobra_1.jpg

Since I prefer my builds buttoned up, the extensive internal features actually detracts from the kit's appeal.  I'm even less enthusiastic about the intense riveting, which on the P-39 is almost imperceptible, as the photo demonstrates.

I understand that many expect such features in a 1/32 scale kit, but for me, sometimes less is more. 

Bell_P_39_Airacobra_1.jpg

Well, you really cant please all..........................but having a few new tool latest and greatest KHM builds under my belt now, I can safely say the fit will be great, and those open panels (I am WITHOUT A DOUBT a closed panel guy as well) will present 0 problems when posed buttoned up.     If the riveting is anything like their T-6 or the Broncos, it is not really overstated IMHO, but that is personal taste I guess.................but compared to most anything but Tamiya, they look quite subdued to me personally when compared to other companies stuff save Tamiya-sans stuff.

Edited by Out2gtcha