Revel and Hasegawa Fw 190F-8 kits - a comparison

D Bellis

Thanks D. That tells me the file is definitely there at that location. It's loading in Chrome, so the blank page thing is clearly (yet another) Firefox issue.

Kev

What version of FF are you using Kev?  Im on 38.0.1 and a single left on the page takes me directly to the .pdf.

What version of FF are you using Kev?  Im on 38.0.1 and a single left on the page takes me directly to the .pdf.

Yep, 38.0.1. I've been having terrible issues with the last 3 updates to Firefox, with each one getting worse in terms of performance and stability. Loading up IMDb practically brings it to a standstill! I've been using Chrome a lot more lately, but only reluctantly. If you use something like Little Snitch on the Mac, you'd be quite alarmed at how many network requests (and data pushbacks) Chrome is doing...

Kev

Yep, 38.0.1 (on a Mac) works for me too, so don't think it is Firefox per se? (But, for the file / document size, it is quite a slow download ...)

Yep, 38.0.1 (on a Mac) works for me too, so don't think it is Firefox per se? (But, for the file / document size, it is quite a slow download ...)

It's probably related to some extension that I have installed. Might be time for a bit of a purge.

Kev

Hi Kevin. I'm using the same one without any problem but indeed, I've removed many of the extensions I installed some time ago...!

Found it! It seems I had an older version of the PDF. js extension installed. This functionality is now baked into Firefox, so an extension is no longer necessary. And in my case, it got in the way.

Kev

Hmmm...It looks like 63801121 to me. The third digit looks more closed than the '3'.

You could be right....I was able to find a W. Nr. block 6380 1010 – 6380 1122 assigned to the 190F-8.         

Is anyone else bothered by the white 70?  Not the airframe itself, but the style of the numerals, it's location, it's size, and the fact that, to me at least, it looks so much more freshly painted than the rest of that aircraft's markings?  That, combined with the fact that the photo evidence is of a captured, wrecked aircraft leads me to think that it was added subsequent to this plane's operational life.