REVELL P 51 B MUSTANG, NEW TOOL??

HB252

My mom always said, "If you can't say anything nice..." :)

This in one time that I'll agree with you on Trumpeter.

Quite how they managed to produce such a totally inept kit is beyond me. Of they have an "A" team & a "B" team, they had team "W"'s work experience students knock this one up.

It is puzzling why there isn't a new tool kit of the B in 1/32. My guess is some manufacturer claimed it through initial research but never committed to steel molds, just enough to put other potential kits from being made. Eduard, MPM, Academy, Dragon, even Revell themselves could certainly profit from such a subject. Mustangs sell.

Lee K

for my record and maybe companies working or planning a P-51B,
does original drawings exist from the rear windows and fuselage. Seems Revell and Jerry did this area right and in many scales you see it wrong.
I saw many pictures but no drawings?

regards

It showed up as in stock at tower hobbies today, so I ordered one.  I also have the eduard PE set on the way, so hopefully I can make a nice model out of it.  I have done reseach and I have found build threads, and youtube videos of people building this kit so  am ready for the challenge facing me.

There is one outfit called California Psychics, they run late night television commercials that unite insomniacs and clairvoyants.  For a dollar a minute phone call , and a thirty minute minimum, I can speak with a mystic who will help me with my relationships and even forecast the future. It's sounds enticing, and they even  take PayPal.

It got me to thinking about the next Revell release in 1/32 scale. What would it be?  For a thirty dollar connection to the cosmic consciousness I  would know.  I  was tempted, but  for thirty bucks I could buy another Revell 190 and a bottle of Tamiya Extra Thin cement.  I went for the Focke Wulf and the glue.

But I came up with a prediction of my own.  Well it's not really a prediction,  just an optimistic  anticipation  that a  new tool P-51B/C is on Revell's radar screen.   

My P-51B arrived today.   It sure has a lot of rivets, but what I like about mustangs is they have relatively few panel lines which are mostly straight, and since the wings were puttied & painted at the factory you do not need to re-scribe the wings.  :thumbsup:

Hello kurth:

Can you show some pics, about:

- rivets

-panel lines

- new decals

Please moderator change the title, delete NEW TOOL, and put RE-POP.

Regards. MIIGUEL

Miguel,

If you go to your initial/very first  post that you made, click on "Edit"..................then click on "Use Full Editor".................you can fully change the title of your own thread.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Hi Miguel,

Here are a few pictures. Please excuse my messy workbench

here is the wing ... this shows the rivets 

IMGP7539-vi.jpg

The rivets seem to pop up more on the hood? engine cover? whatever you what to call it

IMGP7540-vi.jpg

Here is the decal sheet, two options.  The good news is they are trying to help the builder by supplying the black parts of the invasion stripes, and the OD antiglare panel.  However, to my eye The yellow looks really dark. 

IMGP7541-vi.jpg

Not too much flash, less than you would expect from a mold dating back to the 60s with a lot of pressings.  Looks like a fun build.

Just remember, it was not very long ago when a majority of the available 1/32 kits were like this.  1/32 has come a long way in the past 15 years.

Edited by kurth

Suffice it to say; B/C Mustangs are completely different form the D Mustang. A manufacturer can't just take a D and retool it. It won't work. Some manufactuer will have to spend a lot of money to bring a B/C to market. Tamiya can do it...but will they?