WNW 1/32 LFG Roland C.II "Walfisch"

Whitey

First WIP on the bench for a while.

It's BSK (Build the Same Kit) time at our club; Scale Models Wellington - IPMS and this is my 32nd scale build for it. Kits must be completed by the last Wednesday in July. We have the minimum of four members promising to build one of these. I am looking forward to seeing them all lined up on the display benches.

Got off the jet from Montreal yesterday, opened the parcel and got into it.

Not much done yet, just interior first coat of Bluish-Grey and some initial assembly of the engine.

LSP1.jpg

Undecided about colour scheme but I want it interesting with some colour.

Working on it today so expect another update later this arvo. Got to put a load of wood under the verandah in the meantime. I didn't like the interior colour so have darkened it up a fair bit. You'll see what I mean later.

LSP2.jpg

Changed the interior colour of the fuselage to a darker grey for some contrast.

Wood-grain cockpit floor accomplished with Tamiya acrylics. Initial coat with Yellow, then hard dry brushed Desert Yellow, add some hard dry brushed Red Brown and when it is dry a coat of Clear Orange. The paint is still wet but looks ok.

Engine is metallic black in preparation for some metal coat; either Alcad or MM Metaliser.

Not shown in the photos yet, but instrument panel is gloss white and ready for some HGW wood decals. Just for contrast and interest in the cockpit.

Seats have first coat of reddish leather colour.

Today's progress on the Roland.

I tried some HGW and then Ushie wood-grain decals but they just fell apart. More practice required.

I then used my usual wood-grain technique using Tamiya acrylics.

Undercoat surfaces in Yellow. Not quite dry brush streaky Desert Yellow then proper dry brush streaky Red Brown. When it's all dry, overcoat with clear orange.

The instrument panel wood-grain was overcoated with clear yellow and then a little bit of clear orange.

LSP3.jpg

LSP4.jpg

Still a fair bit to do in the cockpit include control runs and seat belts.

Heaps to do on the engine yet.

Edited by Whitey