Working on Injection Molded Release in 1/32

castlegaiden

I'm a third generation Martin Middle River worker.  My grandfather was a production foreman on the Marauder assembly line who at one point or another helped supervise production on just about every Martin aircraft from the B-10 to the P6M.  My dad worked for many years as an air traffic controller from the early 50's until the state bought the airport and brought in their own controllers, and I worked at the same plant for many years (albeit in a much less interesting position as an accountant).  To say that Martin blood runs through my veins is a vast understatement!

I would love to see a Marauder in the big scale, and if at all possible, in all of the main production variants.  I know that's asking a lot, but I would happily buy a half dozen or more kits if the quality was there.    If you're seriously considering doing this, you should definitely reach out to Stan Piet at the Martin Aircraft museum .

Edited by chuckschilling

Oh, and for the record, there's no reason he can't do the CAD and have the tooling made and the kits produced over in China where it is far cheaper to produce.  Maybe even partner with someone like a Trumpeter where he provides the design, they make the models and then draw up some revenue split by geography, percentage of revenue, etc.

good luck with that, I'll certainly be up for a good/accurate Marauder for sure. As we are talking about a proposed B-26 I'm not going to delve into "but I'd like this or that" like most threads seems to degenerate into these days

Castlegaiden was actively inviting suggestions for subject matter on other sites.

Seems he's getting a lot of armchair business strategy musings which are likely far less helpful, as I'm sure he already knows what he's doing.

A new player is very welcomed. As are good kits of any subject.

Tony

Very interesting and ambitious project :frantic:

It could be read several times on this forum that there is some demand for a Marauder. I just wonder whether there isn't already someone secretly working on one? I am thinking specifically of HK Models :hmmm:

Cheers

Alex

I just wonder whether there isn't already someone secretly working on one? I am thinkingspecifically of HK Models  :hmmm:

That's always a risk/possibility.  I've been told that one if not two entities (I know not who) have at some point in time considered this project.  They are at various stages of completion.

The good/disruptive thing about my business model is that am taking the role as lead designer so no financial risk starting along this path (yet).  The LSP forum will be in the mix from the very beginning through the end - with "crowdsourced" critiques/comments/suggestions all along the way - complete transparency the whole way through.  I want to hear from the people buying the models!

I haven't done all of the math yet, but would love to come it at right around $174.99 per kit.

Best, 

BRian

Very interesting and ambitious project :frantic:

It could be read several times on this forum that there is some demand for a Marauder. I just wonder whether there isn't already someone secretly working on one? I am thinking specifically of HK Models :hmmm:

Cheers

Alex

This could be said of just about any subject.  Then again, maybe they're working on a Liberator? 

Another kit promised, but not delivered so far is the Douglas Devestator. Announced by Trumpy what 10-15 years ago? While used for only a short time, it nevertheless fills an important gap in US naval aviation. Same with the Val divebomber. 

Trumpy's had a few that have been LINGERING in their yearly new kit announcments.

The F-100F has been listed I know since 2003 and is on this years list again.

I hope their delay is to fix the crap that is wrong when they made the D.

Still  need one for my Weasel collection, Even have a F-4C conversion set coming out by GT Resins

and no "F"

I'll save my money for the Marauder

Jack

Good luck with your project!

If I was to be involved in a project of my own I would avoid the forums.

Having picked say two or three people who could really help anything and anyone else just becomes a distraction.

Having seen that exact thing happen at ARC with the Naval Flanker with 6 sets of CAD for corrections so minute as to be only pleasing the most narrow minded critic it appears the money men list interest.

No wonder with costly changes delaying what is a money making venture excessively.

Chasing perfection is a bottomless pit and at some point good enough must be declared good enough.

All engaging the Internet forums does assuming you have people with solid knowledge is generate animosity from those who feel they are not wanted and ignored.

Most of those then become hyper angry that "their most important contribution" is being ignored and launch into a campaign to slander said kit and manufacturer.

Just take a look at the Kittyhawk Mig-25 campaign at ARC..perfect example.

In short by engaging a community that has no leadership..no direction and no idea about budgets or time schedules you end up designing the Camel instead of a well selling well performing thoroughbred.

Good luck!